Saturday, March 30, 2013

Freedom!


I cannot tell you have liberating it feels not to have to worry about reviewing books on a schedule. Beyond the Valley by Rita Gerlach is my last scheduled book review until the end of April, when I review two poetry books by Patricia Neely-Dorsey. After that, I only have Harkness by Michael Bigham to review on May 23rd. The rest of the year my plan is to review books already in my possession. My goal is to be able to open The Book Connection up for new review requests in November or at least by the end of the year.

That doesn't mean things will get boring around here. I need to update my Upcoming Events page, but it is fairly full for the next couple of months. And I'll be working on the 2013 Catch Up Reading Challenge, which means I'll be reviewing books from my TBR pile--and there are tons of them. Check out this post if you want to see some of them.

The past six years, I haven't had a ton of time to read solely for pleasure. I've almost always had books to review for book tours. I'm glad I decided to slow down a bit.

My other blogs will be busy. At The Busy Mom's Daily, I'm participating in the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. My Christian book blog, Cheryl's Christian Book Connection, is now part of the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance, so it is updated a minimum of twice a week. I'll be reviewing, Last Chance for Justice by Kathi Macias there in May. I'm still hosting authors at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. I review books there from time to time, in addition hosting authors. Though I don't talk about this blog a lot, I have a spicy romance blog that I update from time to time. There is a publisher whose books I promote there and I host the occasional book tour.

Thank you for your loyal readership. I hope you continue to enjoy all I have to offer at my blogs.

No comments: