Thursday, March 21, 2013

First Chapter Review: Next Year in Jerusalem (Part Two) by Barbara Becker Holstein


This is the second book in the Next Year in Jerusalem! trilogy. I reviewed the opening chapter of the first part here.

BLURB:  Continue the drama in Part 2 in this Trilogy of Romance Books as Natalie and Maggie, best friends since college, find themselves steeped in the romance, mysticism and mystery of Jerusalem.

The appearance of Jack, a diamond dealer and Natalie’s old boyfriend from college, creates incredible tension and arousal for Natalie. How can see keep her marriage intact? Maggie is mesmerized also by a new man in her life: Raji from Inida.

The mystery woman, Chaya Sarah, continues to share profound spiritual wisdom. Teaching Natalie the concept of ‘soul mate’ helps Natalie revive her marriage, at least for a night.

However Chaya Sara’s secrecy about herself baffles them, and concern grows that Chaya Sarah may be involved in more than meets the eye.

Too soon they must leave Jerusalem. A last minute surprising upset centered around Chaya Sarah frightens them and they realize they may be dealing with intrigue and terrorism.

How will Natalie and Maggie handle the mystery and romance that floods both women as they attempt to get back to life in the United States? Can a return to Jerusalem be far behind in this trilogy of romantic fiction?

COVER: I find it interesting that the author decided to use the same book cover for both parts of the story. I'm guessing she will do the same for the final portion. This will help readers find the book easily, even if it is an unusual choice.

FIRST CHAPTER: This story picks up right after Part One ends. Natalie is trying to decide if she will forsake her marriage vows and enjoy a romantic night with Jack. Once back in her room, she sees that her husband, David, has been trying to reach her by phone. Meanwhile, Maggie is enamored with Raji.

KEEP READING: The author sent me the tail end of the last book and the opening chapter of this one, so that I could see how Part One flows into Part Two. Since the first part ends with a cliffhanger, nothing was ruined for me.

Though I don't know everything that happened in between, I'm still intrigued. Even if infidelity--in thought or in deed--isn't high on my reading list, I'm curious how Natalie and Maggie will reconcile their lives in Jerusalem with the lives they must return to in the States. In addition, the mystery surrounding Chaya Sarah isn't an aspect I've been exposed to, yet, and I want to see how this fits into the story as a whole.


File Size: 245 KB
Print Length: 87 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein (February 22, 2013)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00BJTGJCY


I received the first chapter of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, for which I have not been compensated in any way.

No comments: