Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First Chapter Review: The Book of Life by Paul Zecos



I received the first chapter of The Book of Life: The Theory of Everything from author Paul Zecos.


BLURB: The Book of Life proposes and proves the physics Theory of Everything (TOE) that integrates well-known and accepted current theories of physics.

The Theory of Everything (TOE) is then shown to apply to psychology, business and economics, that further validates the TOE.

Based on the TOE, solutions to the current political and socioeconomic problems of humanity are proposed, using an entertaining fictitious story to keep the reader engaged.

The Book of Life also explains the intent and meanings of the seven Spirits of God, explains the Spirit of each of the seven great religions of the world, and advocates the way for the establishment of God’s Kingdom on earth.

COVER: Perfect for the topic. Exactly what I would expect.

FIRST CHAPTER:  The author sent along the Introduction and the first two chapters, but after reading them, I have to admit I am confused. I honestly don't know what the focus of the book is, and therefore, it's difficult for me to write an accurate synopsis.

I look above and see the blurb that I copied from Amazon, and while I read elements of everything mentioned above--physics, psychology, business, economics, and spirituality--in the end, I'm so overwhelmed I must have missed the point.

If I take the first two chapters alone, without reading the Introduction, I am left with a discussion on "Life and Death" or Eternal Life, and The Kingdom of God and expressions of love.

KEEP READING: I can't say I would, and mainly that's because I'm too confused over what this book is actually about. I understand the author is sharing his beliefs with the reader. I pick up in Chapter 2 that he believes the largest problem with the great religions is "(too much emphasis on religious rituals and traditions and) too little emphasis on the Spirit of Loving others by which believers are asked to operate through."

The Introduction refers to a fictional story that will explore and explain what is mentioned in the Introduction, but I didn't come across it in the first two chapters, so I'm not sure what he is referring to. My main concern, however, is that the author talks down to the reader. He appears to be saying anyone who doesn't believe the way he does is wrong. In the Introduction, he goes as far to say, "...I explain God." I'm not sure what he meant by that, but it gave me pause.

This might be something you would be interested in. And if you are enlightened by it and understand it better than I did, I would love to read your thoughts.


File Size: 364 KB
Print Length: 154 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: ALTRUTECH LLC.; First Edition edition (December 21, 2012)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00ARAQV4W


I received this first chapter from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, for which I have not been compensated in any way.

No comments: