Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Review: Rings of Paradise by Maxine Douglas



Shadoe Donovan is tired of life on the road, but his distrust of women doesn't make him eager to settle down. Besides, he has a job to do: make people realize what the life of a professional wrestler is really like. He decides to purchase a struggling magazine to help him spread his message.

Khristen Roberts is boarding a plane for Hawaii on a long overdue vacation from her job at Plain Talk. A new mysterious owner has taken over the magazine, so it's the perfect time for her to step away for a bit of R & R. Little does she know, she is about to come face-to-face with the new owner, and when she meets him, things don't go smoothly.

As I mentioned in my First Chapter Review of this book, the unique plot and the great characters kept me turning the pages of this contemporary romance. Sexual tension is high between the two main characters, who probably couldn't be more different than each other if they tried.

Author Maxine Douglas spends a good deal of time developing her characters. Couple that with the unique plot, and you have a romance novel you devour within a few hours. I was sad to see this book come to an end, and I would love to see either or both of these characters in another story. Perhaps some more romance on the road.

Rings of Paradise is a superbly told, sexy romance. I'll be looking for more books by Maxine Douglas soon.

  • File Size: 280 KB
  • Print Length: 152 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: MuseItUp Publishing (August 22, 2012)
  • ISBN: 978-1-77127-136-3
  • SRP: $5.50

  • I purchased a copy of this book for my Kindle. This review contains my honest opinions, for which I have not received compensation of any kind.

    This is the 46th book I've read for the following challenge:


    It is the 26th book I've read for the following challenge:


     

    2 comments:

    Marian Lanouette said...

    Love the review. I'm reading it now.

    MuseItUp Publishing said...

    Thank you, Chery, and thrilled you loved Maxine's book. Great review.