Friday, August 3, 2012

Library Bargain Books





I visited the Wilbraham Public Library yesterday to return Cinder: Book One of the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. The Lil Diva (10) and I are reading it together. As I was about to walk out, when I noticed a spinning rack of bargain books. These paperbacks were 50 cents each or 3 for $1, and if you bought $2 worth of books you received a free cloth bag. I ended up with nine books.

Early Warning by Michael Walsh for Dad (I'll probably read it too.)

Scoop to Kill by Wendy Lyn Watson for me

‘A’ is for Alibi by Sue Grafton for me

Christy by Catherine Marshall for me

Books 1 – 4 of the Beacon Street Girls by Annie Bryant

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

The last five books are for the Lil Diva and the Lil Princess (8) to share. The Lil Diva has inherited my love of mysteries. The Lil Princess will read just about anything.

I'm so thrilled I stopped by the library today.

Does your library run book sales? What is the best book bargain (outside of free ebook downloads) that you've taken advantage of?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the libraries around here have a day or two set aside each year for used book sales. Haven't been to any this year, but have gotten some great books in past years.