Thursday, April 12, 2012

Interview with Olakunbi Korostensky, Author of Intuition Involution

Olakunbi Korostensky, ND is a former Naturopathic Doctor and Psychologist of over 30 years, who has dedicated her life to spiritual consciousness and its integration into daily living.
As an entrepreneur with a multifaceted enterprise, Olakunbi primarily works as a spiritual and intuition coach. She perceives herself as an “Inner Flame Rekindler” and a vibrational healer whose direct approach to accessing inner wisdom has been widely sought out by many from all walks of life. Her extensive skills and knowledge comprise of alternative and holistic mind, body and soul disciplines.

She is the proprietor of the residential Awaken Women Retreat Wellness Centre. The Centre provides women with day spa facilities, offers holistic approaches to health, life issues and wellness, and energy balance workshops. The Centre which also offers weekend retreat programs for spiritual awakening and developing the intuition in both the English and German languages is the headquarters of the Awaken Women International Community (AWI™).

In February 2005, after a near-death experience that heralded several changes in her life, the dedicated Naturopathic doctor and Psychologist decided to close down her private practice of over twenty three years and stepped on to a new path.

In October 2006, she organized and called to life the Awaken Women International Conference (AWIC™) in Switzerland. In 2007, she founded Awaken Women International (AWI™), an offline and online membership community for women, promoting feminine excellence for a life of true dignity and sustainable happiness. www.awakenwomen.com, www.awakenwomen.org
Olakunbi Korostensky ND also runs a coaching website. “Embracing Changes - The Intuition Way”: www.embracingchanges.com

Her other activities include being the president of the non-profit Foundation Attitudinal Healing which she founded in Switzerland.

When did you begin writing?

When I was 13 years old, due to my inner yearnings, I wrote a short story about a little girl in search of her place in the world. Although the story was never shown to anyone I kept it. After that as a teenager I kept a journal until the age of 27. Later on I wrote some articles for a number of local magazines and women communities. I have always felt a strong pull to write for women and it is still what I love doing.

In my former private practice, I wrote several short texts on women’s health and managing everyday stresses. The texts were made available to my former patients

Do you write during the day, at night or whenever you can sneak a few moments?

As writing is a joy, I write when I feel the urge to write. This tends to mostly happen when I'm in a contemplative mood and inwardly connected to put my insights and thoughts into words. This can happen any time of the day.

What is this book about?

The book INTUITION INVOLUTION is a reminder and a strong prompter to integrate intuition into everyday living for a clear, harmonious path in life and a renewed balance in our world.

The book explains why women are primarily endowed with a stronger intuition than men, and how women can learn to apply intuition conscientiously to help them overcome self-doubts and easily find the answers to any life’s situation.

The pointed message of Intuition Involution is that each one can become mistress and master of his or her life when we decide to embrace our entire being and integrate all the abilities we were born with fully into our lives, instead of continuously experiencing struggles, fear and disquietudes.


What inspired you to write it?

A rude awakening jolted me into writing INTUITION INVOLUTION. After a near death experience in 2005, Ipractically had to retrace my way back into this life to reclaim my being. Since then my life has never been the same.

I knew then that I was going to write a book but wasn’t sure what it was going to be about. As time went by, I started jotting down short texts that flickered sporadically through my conscious mind. Then one summer day, while sitting outside on my sunny terrace, I heard a clear voice say: "You have all those scraps of texts, now go and start putting them together. You are to write a book on intuition." And the rest is history as they say.

Was the road to publication smooth sailing or a bumpy ride?

Right from the onset of writing the book, I felt the “unseen” guidance that surrounded me. It was with the full support of that guidance which I implicitly trusted that the appropriate help came when the time to publish the book approached.

I did some research consistently asking for guidance and tuning into my intuition for direction. I then signed up with a company that took care of all the publication procedures. I believe that this rendered things easier for me and prevented me from making great blunders which might have made me procrastinate on publishing the book. Overall, apart from some minor issues, I feel that engaging the support of a hired help has made the road to publication quite manageable.

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

The book INTUITION INVOLUTION can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and several other online retailers.

Do you have a website and/or blog where readers can find out more?

To read more about the book and download a complementary audio recording of the first chapter read by me, please go to www.intuition-involution.com  

Do you have a video trailer to promote your book? If yes, where can readers find it?

The video trailer used to launch the book can be found at
http://www.intuitioninvolution.com/launch/

What is up next for you?

I’m currently considering a number of other works, which are still in the early stages, so I’d rather not divulge any information for the moment. It suffice to say that INTUITION INVOLUTION is not going to be my stalemate on the topic of Intuition.

Is there anything you would like to add?

It is important to always listen to your inner guidance, the intuition, especially as a new author. It can take some time to grow into deciphering the information you receive and putting them across succinctly. But that still, small voice will guide and prompt you well for clarity and certainty of your new path.


No comments: