Friday, December 23, 2011

Interview with Michael Norman, Author of Unbridled Grace

Dr. Michael J. Norman has owned a family health center offering chiropractic care and wellness programs since 1992. Since 2003, he has served as a staff doctor volunteer at a non-profit center offering health care and life services to the indigent and uninsured of his community. In addition to his practice, Dr. Norman enjoys writing, speaking, mission outreach and completing graduate studies in Theology. He lives with his family near Dallas, Texas.

Dr. Norman is available and would welcome the opportunity to speak to your church, organization or group. He enjoys sharing the message within Unbridled Grace as well as numerous health and wellness topics. Dr. Norman’s inspiring programs can be tailored for the needs of your event. You can contact him at www.UnbridledGrace.com, www.DrMichaelNorman.com  or by email at DrMichaelNorman(at)msn.com.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Dallas, Texas.

When did you begin writing?

From as early as I can remember, I have always loved to write. I have always found time to write and I am a voracious reader.

Do you write during the day, at night or whenever you can sneak a few moments?

As often as I can. Unbridled Grace took form through my journal writing as well as my personal experiences during an incredible ordeal in our lives. The book was 10 years in the making. In the final year, (preceding being published), I devoted Fridays for my writing. This is my day off from my practice and I wrote in the peace and quiet of my empty office. These Friday sessions would typically begin about noon and end around midnight. Interestingly, during this period, I was also fasting each Friday while I wrote. Although not my intention, this assisted my writing tremendously in discernment, focus and inspiration.

What is this book about?

Unbridled Grace is the true story of how one man rises from the forces of evil through his renewed faith in Christ and takes the reader on a journey to redemption through the bold use of our power of choice for God. Along the way, Michael meets a dynamic Catholic parish priest who gives him the courage to forge a path through this crisis and a hard-working attorney who joins him in this monumental battle. Will their efforts be enough to free the author and his family from this nightmare? It is at this time that a series of seemingly miraculous occurrences begin and the reader is shown what courage, faith and the power of heartfelt prayer can bring to all of our lives when all else appears hopeless.


What is the best investment you have made in promoting your book?

What I have always heard has proved to be correct. Despite all the slick book marketing and promotional campaigns, it is the author who truly sells the book. I am accomplishing this through speaking engagements and readers’ word of mouth sales.

What is one piece of advice you would like to share with aspiring authors everywhere?

Like the Nike commercial…Just Do It! That inner voice and inspiration prodding you to write your book is there for a reason. Listen and follow it. If your book helps just one person, it is well worth it.
Who is this book written for? My desire was to offer our story to all individuals gallantly engaging in life’s struggles and to those fighting to just stay afloat. Like myself for many years, you may find yourself canvassing and imprisoned within the depths of a self-imposed pit, or hell on earth, that seemingly holds no options for escape. I recorded the message in Unbridled Grace to simply offer a way out.

What can readers learn from your book?

The most common feedback I have received from readers thus far has been what they have told me the true value of my book has been for them. They were certainly moved by the powerful true story but they enjoyed the lessons my family and I learned through the ordeal most of all. These lessons come in the form of chapter-ending meditations that reflect different themes of our experience. Readers have told me how these lessons and meditations speak incredibly clear to their own life challenges and greatly assist in charting the course over the mountains currently facing themselves and their families.

Where can readers purchase Unbridled Grace?

The easiest way is through my website, http://www.unbridledgrace.com/. You can also find it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble or ordered through your local Christian bookstore.

Dr. Norman will be touring with Unbridled Grace in February 2012 with Pump Up Your Book. Visit http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/2011/12/07/unbridled-grace-virtual-book-publicity-tour-january-2012/ for more information or if you are interested in hosting him.

No comments: