Thursday, July 14, 2011
Unbeatable Resumes by Tony Beshara (Giveaway)
When I worked in Corporate America, I saw resumes of all kinds. Top-notch, well-written resumes were few and far between. Wading through 50 to 100 resumes for a single position wasn't fun, and I'm sure those numbers are higher now.
Tony Bashara, America' Top Recruiter, has written a book to help. I haven't reviewed this one yet, but in skimming through it, I can tell you that it's filled with some good advice and tons of examples. Critiques of samples are provided, along with resume makeovers. The final makeover is yours to perform.
Dr. Phil McGraw provides the Foreword for Unbeatable Resumes, and it has received advance praise from syndicated columnist and author, Joyce Lain Kennedy, and Martha E. Magelsdorf, author of Strategies for Successful Career Change.
The author's publicist has graciously provided me with a copy to give away to our readers. If you're planning to switch jobs or careers, you'll want to get your hands on this book. What better way to do it than for FREE?
Here are the details and rules of this giveaway:
1) You must be a follower or subscriber of The Book Connection to win.
2) For your first entry, leave a comment with a valid email address. You can't win if you don't provide an email address.
3) One additional entry if you friend me on Facebook. Leave a comment with your profile link to show you're friending me.
4) One additional entry if you follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your profile link to show you're a follower.
5) Three additional entries if you blog about this contest. Leave a link to your post here.
6) Winner must be 18 years or older and reside in the United States.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 PM Eastern on Sunday, July 24, 2011. Winner will be selected out of all entrants who followed the rules governing this contest. The book will be shipped to the winner via the USPS. The Book Connection is not responsible for lost or damaged goods.
Look for our review of this book, coming soon!