Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Interview with L.L. Reaper, Author of Black Widow and the Sandman

Joining us today is L.L. Reaper, author of Black Widow and the Sandman. L.L. Reaper is two multi-published, award-winning authors who decided to write under a pen name for their dangerously sexy suspense series, Black Widow and the Sandman. You can visit their website at www.llreaper.com  or connect with them at Twitter at www.twitter.com/llreaper and Facebook at www.facebook.com/AuthorLLReaper.

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?



I’m two multi-published, award winning authors who are writing under a pseudonym for our dangerously sexy suspense, Black Widow and the Sandman because neither of us are known for suspense.


When did you begin writing?


The first manuscript I wrote was almost twenty years ago. It was a screenplay that is GOD awful. At the time I wrote it, I thought it was so good. LOL. My family loves me entirely too much because they all told me how great it was.

What is this book about?


A mysterious illness is killing children in Cuba, and all indicators point to a terrorist organization being behind it. Black Widow, a drop-dead gorgeous scientific genius, and the Sandman, a mercenary the likes you’ve never seen, are brought in to do what government and scientific channels have failed to do—find a cure and stop those behind the plot.


What inspired you to write it?


In the evenings, my writing partner and I often IM each other about plots and whatever we are working on. One night we were bouncing ideas off each other and the next thing you know, we came up with the concept for the Black Widow and the Sandman series. We both loved the idea so much that we decided to write it together


Are you a member of a critique group? If no, who provides feedback on your work?


It’s extremely difficult to find a good critique group or partner, so I use beta readers for my novels. Beta readers read the draft and give you feedback. I think of them as a focus group.


Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?


Black Widow and the Sandman is available in bookstores everywhere, online and physical. If you’d like an autographed copy, visit the books page of the website to order for a discounted price.


Do you have a website and/or blog where readers can find out more?



My website is located at http://www.LLReaper.net. I’m a read-a-holic, so I have guest author interviews to introduce readers to authors they may not know about. From the website you can also subscribe to my newsletter, which goes out once every few months. There are also links to my Facebook and Twitter pages.


Do you have a video trailer to promote your book? If yes, where can readers find it?


Yes we do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g68090k9o14

What is one piece of advice you would like to share with aspiring authors everywhere?


Learn the craft, read with a critical, inquisitive eye and hire a good developmental editor. What you learn from a good developmental editing of your manuscript will warp you way ahead in the learning of the craft.

What is up next for you?


Black Widow and the Sandman will be coming out in Spanish, so we are looking into marketing avenues for it. We are also completing the second installment and readying for our release party (July 23) for Black Widow and the Sandman.


Is there anything you would like to add?


Thank you for giving me this opportunity to introduce Black Widow and the Sandman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting interview.