Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Interview with C. Elizabeth, Author of Absolute Obsession

Joining us today is C. Elizabeth, author of Absolute Obsession.

Welcome to The Book Connection, C. Elizabeth. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?


I live in Canada with my family and work full time as a paralegal. In the past year and a half writing has become quite a passion for me. Not only to write novels but writing in general. I find words to be incredibly fascinating, I often wonder how I managed to get this far in life and not know that about myself…interesting.


Where did you grow up?


I grew up in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada


What is your fondest childhood memory?


My fondest memories are the summers spent on Protection Island, just off Nanaimo, BC’s coast. Those were truly wonderful days.

When did you begin writing?



I only started writing in December, 2009


Do you write during the day, at night or whenever you can sneak a few moments?



I’ll write when my characters demand my attention, giving me the details of the next scene, so that means pretty much any time or any place.


What is this book about?



It is about how fate can conspire to guide the lives of two people from different counties to fall in love in the most unusual way and once Michael and Rose fall in love, there is nothing that fate won’t do to ensure their dreams come true.


What inspired you to write it?



That is a loaded question and my only answer is, I didn’t get inspired to write it…the characters were inspired to tell it to me.


Are you a member of a critique group? If no, who provides feedback on your work?



My critique group is my family and friends, which of course I insist on honesty from them. Now whether I get it or not is another story.


Was the road to publication smooth sailing or a bumpy ride?



The road to publication was difficult at times. You learn to have patience and if you don’t give up on yourself, one day you’ll get that most wonderful phrase in your inbox “we would like to offer you a contract.”


Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?



The purchase it through www.wingsepress.com, Amazon, Fictionwise and also there are links from my website www.celizebeth.ca


Do you have a website and/or blog where readers can find out more?



Absolutely you can find me and my blog at www.celizabeth.ca, which is where my blog is. I can also be found on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/search/users/CElizabeth4 and Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1567713637

Do you have a video trailer to promote your book? If yes, where can readers find it?



Yes I do have a book trailer you can find it on Youtube at


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppflk7-2aCg


What is the best investment you have made in promoting your book?



There are actually two: doing book signings and working with Dorothy at Pump Up Your Book.


What is one piece of advice you would like to share with aspiring authors everywhere?



Don’t give up yourself and most of all don’t give up on your characters, they will one day be heard.


What is up next for you?



I’m going to continue writing. I am working on novel three and dabbling with a fourth.


Is there anything you would like to add?



Thank you for having me today and allowing me to join this elite group.


1 comment:

C. Elizabeth - Absolute Obsession said...

Thank you so much for having me today, it has been a pleasure.