StarScout Rising: First Trail by Gary Darby is a thoughtful, awe-inspiring, and spine-tingling Sci-Fi mystery that follows a young man named Del Baldura during his quest for knowledge, truth, and discovery in the distant future of human and alien kind. This story has it all superb background, surprises, mystery, love, futuristic technological possibilities, bizarre life forms, and a hero trying to make sense of his duty and loyalty, his current leadership responsibilities, and his search for truth about part of his and his family's history. Volume One of a three volume set, Darby hits a grand-slam with this first novel. Smart and thought provoking. Volume Two due out in 2011."
Read the reviews!
"Darby has a talent for description, and his characters came to my mind clearly. I could easily picture them as they interacted with one another. I like the intrigue of the first book...."
--From the Other Side of the Mirror
" an incredibly fun book that reads like a “summer blockbuster"...”
--DesignZ by DeDe
"Gary Darby has the ability to make worlds come alive and battles spark to life..."
Enter for your chance to win a copy of Star Scout Rising: First Trail by Gary Darby.
1) You must be a follower or subscriber of The Book Connection to win.
2) For your first entry, leave a comment with a valid email address. You can't win if you don't provide an email address.
3) One additional entry if you friend me on Facebook. Leave a comment with your profile link to show you're friending me.
4) One additional entry if you follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your profile link to show you're a follower.
5) Two additional entries if you follow Gary Darby's blog at http://starscoutrising.blogspot.com/. Leave a comment stating you are now his follower.
6) Three additional entries if you blog about this contest. Leave a link to your post here.
7) You must be 18 or older and reside in the U.S. or Canada to be eligible to win.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 PM Eastern on Sunday, April 24, 2011. Winner will be selected out of all entrants who followed the rules governing this contest. The book will be shipped media mail through the USPS. The Book Connection is not responsible for lost or damaged goods.
Give the Gift of Food and Wine with PAIRED!
11 hours ago