Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February Romance Novel Event: Mended Heart by Mary Manners

I just can't get enough of Mary Manners, so I invited her back for a second day so I could share another one of her wonderful books.

Shane Calkin is a former bad-boy-wannabe fighting to raise his spunky niece and a rambunctious puppy.


Jade McAllister nurses a wounded heart as she struggles to escape her mother’s rejection…and Shane’s.

Nine years have passed since they last saw each other, and a terrible secret looms. Will the secret destroy them, or have the years taught them how to trust…and to love?


Read the excerpt!
 
“What are you doing here?”


Shane slid two English muffins into the toaster and pressed the lever to warm them. “Claire let me in an hour ago. She had to get to the hospital.”

Jade brushed fingers through long strands of wavy hair and tossed her head to work out the tangles. Her eyes glittered beneath sunlight that streamed through the window over the sink, and she pulled the edges of her powder-blue terrycloth robe tighter before cinching the belt. “I’m not a charity case. I don’t need a babysitter.”

He let the comment slide. “Nice slippers.”

She glanced down to see two fuzzy bunny heads staring back at her.

“Claire bought them for me--a gag gift last Christmas.” The pink of a blush crept up her neck. No matter she wasn’t wearing a lick of makeup and that her hair was matted and tangled--she still looked beautiful.”

“I made you breakfast.” He reached for the muffins as they popped from the toaster, nicely browned. He gave each a healthy slap of butter as Jade looked on. The aroma of eggs and crispy bacon filled the air.

“I’m not hungry.” Like a traitor, her stomach chose just that time to let loose a rumble that could have rivaled an earthquake.

“Your belly begs to differ. Did you eat anything at all last night?”

She crossed her arms over her stomach and ignored the question.

Read the reviews!

"This is definitely a book I would suggest to any reader who loves Inspirational Romances. You won’t be disappointed with this one! "

--Night Owl Romance

"Well worth reading..."

--Clare Revell

"I couldn't put this book down. Kudos to Mary Manners. I can't wait for the next one..."


--Robbie Price

"Mended Heart is a sweet story of hope, love and forgiveness. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who is looking for an inspirational tale with Christian themes."

--The Romance Reviews
PURCHASE A COPY OF MENDED HEART FROM WHITEROSEPUBLISHING.COM! ALSO AVAILABLE IN A KINDLE EDITION!  
 
Mary Manners was born in Chicago, Illinois, the second of five children. She knew she wanted to write from a very early age. Most of her earliest childhood memories are centered around writing (or ‘pretending’ to write). She attended the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana and received a teaching degree in Special Education. Mary moved to East Tennessee following her college graduation and she has taught middle-school students for the past 25 years. She continued to write and enter contests (and her sweet daughter offered to kiss the envelope of each submission for good luck J). Mary is married to Tim, the most supportive and patient man on the face of the earth. She has one daughter, Danni, and two sons named Tyler and Brad, who are both serving in the air force.


Visit Mary online at http://www.marymannersromance.com/.



19 comments:

Raquel Byrnes said...

I love your voice. The line about her stomach being a traitor made me smile. Sounds like a great read.
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Mary Manners said...

Thank you, Raquel. The comment about my voice is the sweetest way to start the day. I appreciate you!

I had a lot of fun writing Mended Heart, and hope readers enjoy it!!!

JoAnn said...

Yet another beautiful spotlight!

Mary Manners said...

Thanks, JoAnn. I hope you have a great day! Stay warm...snow is on the way to my neck of the woods.

Michelle V said...

Now that I have my new Kindle, I have re-discovered White Rose! I'll definitely be wathcing for some Mary Manners books!

Blessings
Michelle V

Mary Manners said...

Thanks Michelle!

Aren't Kindles handy? And White Rose Publishing is a great place to find romances.

T. Forehand said...

This book sounds great. I love your picture with the log home (my dream) behind you. Love it.

Great post.

Terri

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a fun read.

Unknown said...

Terri,

I'm glad you like the picture. My husband took that when we were staying at a cabin in Wears Valley, TN. And yes, a cabin is my dream, too!

Unknown said...

Rebecca,

Thanks for stopping by. I did have a lot of fun writing Mended Heart. I hope it's just as fun to read!!

Marianne Evans said...

I loved Mended Heart! Mary's writing is top notch! Here's my review, from Amazon.com:

This character-driven novel of second chances, hope, and redemption won my heart. Ms. Manners is not only a wonderful storyteller, she creates characters, settings, and circumstances that reader can relate to and cheer for throughout the course of the book.

God always works through painful situations to bring forth the goodness of His will - this story illustrates that truth beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Aw. I love romances, and this sounds like a winner. I love the bunnt slippers. :)

Mary Manners said...

Hi Marianne,

Thank you so much for posting your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that! You are a gem!!!

Mary Manners said...

Thanks for stopping by, JM. I'm glad you like the bunny slippers. I thought they were pretty cute, too!

Donna B said...

Sounds wonderful! I really can't wait to read it! The cue is getting shorter...

Mary Manners said...

Donna,

Thanks for the sweet comment! I'm glad Mended Heart looks appealing. I had a great time writing it.

Enjoy!!!

Mary Manners said...

A HUGE thank you to everyone who dropped by today, and especially to Cheryl for the marvelous post. I appreciate ALL of you!

Have a wonderful day!!!

V.R. Leavitt said...

Sounds like a great read! The excerpt definitely made me want to read more.

April said...

I really really want to read this! It sounds so great!