Saturday, February 5, 2011

February Romance Novel Event: Hearts Surrender by Marianne Evans

Kiara Jordan is a sophisticated modernista, but beneath an engaging personality and super-model looks, her heart hungers, and she longs for deeper meaning in her life.

Ken Lucerne is the charismatic young pastor of Woodland Church ; he's adjusting to life on his own following the death of his wife and copes by keeping as busy with parish life and mission work as he can.

A home-building mission in Pennsylvania brings them together, and forces them to look hard and deep at the relationship they share, and where God means for it to go. Already bound by mutual respect and caring, love dawns, a love that takes them to a life-point neither would have expected.

After all, can a chic, vivacious woman find fulfillment within the quiet, mission-centered life of a clergyman? Can they trust God's hand strongly enough to surrender their hearts to one another…forever?

Read an excerpt!

“I’ve been the wallflower who bloomed. But I’ve never believed in myself enough to give up the fancy trappings. I've clung to vanity-centered ideals for too long, I suppose. I’ve worked hard to fit in, and finally I succeeded. Problem is, that kind of success is a double-edged sword. That pathway, once you start to follow it, is hard to leave.”

In an unexpected, graceful motion, Ken caught her swing by the chains. He held her in place, suspended backward, with nothing but a cushion of air between them. All at once Kiara went dizzy, tempted once more by that full, supple mouth, and the satiny-looking fall of his thick brown hair. He was close enough to touch. In this moment, she wanted nothing more than to do just that.

“Some time – at some point – I’d like to hear more about that, Kiara. I’d like know how you became the woman you are.”

“I’d bore you to tears. It’s nothing extraordinary.”

“All present evidence to the contrary.” He set her gliding once again and Kiara’s stomach performed a sparkling fall-away. She delighted in his words but forced herself to brush them aside before they could take root and sway her into believing he saw richness to her spirit. After all, it was part of Ken’s persona to be gracious and encouraging.

He continued, “You're moving forward in directions that are not only admirable, but eye-opening – not just for you, most likely, but to everyone who's part of your life. Don't hold to what other people see, or expect of you, Kiara. Be who you are. And while you're at it, create the best version of yourself you can imagine. After all, the only question, with the only relevance that matters, is this: Who are you now?"
When she sailed back his way, he caught the chains of her swing once again and whispered in her ear, "I believe in you."

With that, he released her on a push, sending Kiara on another dizzying spin of sensation. He walked away, retracing his steps up the path to the cabins and mess hall. She swung to a stop then sat in silence for long moments after he left, absorbing, shivering in a way that had nothing at all to do with the cool of the encroaching night.



Read the reviews!

"...a very tender love story..."

--Onedesertrose's Blog

"I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves romance."

--The Romance Studio

"Very few books are un-put-down-able - but this is one of them."

--Happily Ever After Reviews


Marianne Evans loves to tell a good story. In fact, she’s been enthusiastic about writing ever since she could string sentences together. Joining White Rose Publishing gives her the opportunity to combine two of her greatest passions – love of the Lord and exploring the world of romance.


She’s seen a number of her books published. Kensington Publishing purchased her first book, Friends & Lovers. Her second contemporary romance, Right Hand Man, followed shortly thereafter. Her third release from Kensington, Hannah’s Heart, won critical acclaim in The Oakland Press. Her fourth book, a novella entitled With This Kiss, is her first offering at The Wild Rose Press. Hearts Crossing is her first inspirational romance and marks her debut at White Rose Publishing. Hearts Surrender is a Woodland Series book.


A resident of suburban Detroit, she’s happily married with two kids and a family that never fails to support and encourage. An active member of Romance Writers of America, she’s a long-time member of Greater Detroit RWA where she served the chapter in a number of capacities, most notably as treasurer and two terms as president.

Visit Marianne online at http://www.marianneevans.com/  and her blog at http://www.marianneevans.blogspot.com/.


You'll also find her on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Marianne-Evans/308711716744 and


Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Marmo212

YOU CAN PURCHASE HEARTS SURRENDER FROM WHITEROSEPUBLISHING.COM. THIS BOOK IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN A KINDLE EDITION!
 

29 comments:

Ellen said...

Sounds like a fantastic read! I love Christian romances and this one definitely sounds good!

Karen Cioffi said...

I love the idea of a Christian romance. The video is great.

Fellow PumpUpYourBlog member.

Marianne Evans said...

Hi, Ellen! I'm so glad you stopped by - thanks! I appreciate your kind words, too. After I finished Hearts Crossing, Hearts Surrender demanded to be told. In Hearts Crossing, I fell in love with the characters of Ken Lucerne and Kiara Jordan. There was something beautiful there I knew I wanted to explore. I'm so grateful the idea came to fruition! I hope you have an opportunity to read it! If you do, drop me a line and let me know what you think! I'd love to know! I, too, am always on the hunt for great Christian romance! There's not nearly enough. God bless!

Marianne Evans said...

Hi, Karen!! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!! I really appreciate your visit. Thanks, too, for the compliment on the video. I had a lot of fun creating it, and it really does capture the atmosphere and tone of Hearts Surrender. God bless!

Marianne Evans said...

Cheryl this is such a beautiful blog post! Thank you so much for the book highlight - you're a precious gem!! Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend! I'm presently writing on my work in progress - Devotion - and enjoying the prospect of a relaxing pair of days off from work! :-)

Mary Manners said...

Marianne,

I love the cover of your book, and the story is just as lovely. It's great to see the video, as well.

I wish you the best!

Raquel Byrnes said...

What an intriguing idea for a romance! I love the idea of the quiet, honorable pastor capturing the heart of a woman who has the world at her feet. Beautiful pictures on your trailer!

Unknown said...

Looks like a promising inspirational read!

Donna B said...

I am so looking forward to reading this one!

Donna McDine said...

Okay, I'm hooked! Great review, excerpt and reviews. Congratulations!

Regards,
Donna
Children’s Author
Write What Inspires You Blog
The Golden Pathway Story book Blog

Margay Leah Justice said...

Looks like a good book - lovely cover!

April said...

What a beautiful sounding book!

Marianne Evans said...

My goodness! I'm so happy to see all the visitors here today! Cheryl's blog is outstanding, isn't it?? I'm sorry to have fallen a bit behind in chatting with you, but DH and I were shoveling out of a second wave of snow - this one dumping about 5 inches around metro Detroit. ::sigh!:: Hurry up, spring!!

Marianne Evans said...

Hi, Mary!! All cover credit to the incomparable Nicola Martinez. She's insanely talented!! :-) Thanks so much taking the time to stop by and visit, my dear fellow Rose!!

Marianne Evans said...

Raquel, hi there!! :-) I'm so glad you're intrigued by the book and its premise. Ken Lucerne is the kind of Pastor anyone would love to have shepherd their church....and Kiara is such wonderful, textured character, full of heart and soul and hunger for a Godly life... I loved bringing them together, and sharing their story!

Marianne Evans said...

Hi, Farrah! What a sweet compliment! I hope you get a chance to read and enjoy. Believe it or not, there are parts of this story that still bring me to tears. :-)

Marianne Evans said...

Donna B - another lovely Rose in our White Rose bouquet! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your support! God bless!

Marianne Evans said...

Hi, Donna M! Thank you so much for stopping by, and thanks for your congratulations on the reviews. It's all for His glory - I feel blessed to be able to use the gift of writing to create a mission field. God bless!

Marianne Evans said...

Hi, Margay - thanks for your compliment! I think it's such a striking cover, too. It captures the longing of their relationship, and the overriding power of God's presence in the love that grows between them. :-)

Marianne Evans said...

Hi, April - glad you stopped by the blog! I hope you have a chance to read and enjoy Hearts Surrender. The premise took me by storm - and demanded to be written. :-) Love when that happens! LOL! God bless.

Cheryl said...

I loved having you back again Marianne. Your books sound wonderful.

I wish you all the best,

Cheryl

Rebecca said...

This sounds like a fun read. Thanks for sharing.

Mayra Calvani said...

So far i'm loving your February features, Cheryl!

Gloria Oliver said...

Unusual and interesting premise. Thanks for sharing!

Marianne Evans said...

Cheryl, thank you for allowing me a return visit to your fantastic blog! I seriously am impressed! :-)

Mayra,I agree with you about Cheryl's February features - what a great way to connect books and readers. Love it! :-)

God bless, and happy Sunday!!

Marianne Evans said...

Becky, thank you for stopping by and reading up a bit about Hearts Surrender! I found out just last night that it's a nominee for Book of the Year at the Christian Small Publisher's Association! Quite an honor that I can only hope will help my story reach more readers and shine God's light, and love to as many as possible. As a "writing missionary" - I consider that my biggest goal! :-) God bless!

Marianne Evans said...

Hi, Gloria! Thanks for your post, and your kind comments! I hope you have a chance to read Hearts Surrender and find out if the premise meets your expectations, and is enjoyable for you! :-) Have a terrific Sunday!

Turning the Clock Back said...

This sounds very sweet and inspiring! Thanks for the review!

Marianne Evans said...

Thanks for the visit, Turning the Clock Back! I appreciate it, and hope you get the chance to read Hearts Surrender. If you like inspiring, uplifting love stories, I think it might be for you! :-) God bless ~