Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten.
Single mother and lawyer Danielle Parkman doesn't know what to do anymore. Her son Max has always been a handful. He is an ultra-smart teen with high-functioning autism. When he starts using drugs and exhibits violent behavior, Danielle decides to have Max assessed at a top-notch psychiatric facility.
Max soon becomes more violent and the assessment indicates he has severe behavioral issues that mean a long-term stay at the facility. When Danielle finds Max unconscious and covered in blood at the feet of a patient who has been fatally and viciously stabbed, Danielle soon becomes an accessory to the crime.
Separated from Max and afraid of the person he seems to have become, Danielle must discover the truth--no matter what her investigation uncovers.
READ MY FULL REVIEW HERE!
The cover on the ARC is different than that of the published book. It shows a woman reaching out to a child, but all we see is the child's hand. They are separated by glass, with what appears to be woods behind the child.
Here are the rules and details for this giveaway:
1) You must be a follower of The Book Connection to win.
2) Leave a comment telling me how you follow with a valid email address so I can contact you if you win. You cannot win if I don't have your email address.
3) One additional entry if you friend me on Facebook. Leave a comment with your profile link to show you're friending me.
4) One additional entry if you follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your profile link to show you're now a follower.
5) Three additional entries if you blog about this contest. Leave a link to your post here.
6) You must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the U.S. or Canada to be eligible to win.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 PM Eastern on Sunday, January 30, 2011. Winner will be selected out of all entrants who followed the rules governing this contest. Winner will have 72 hours after being contacted to email me their mailing address. If I have not heard from the winner within that time frame, I will select a new winner. Book will be shipped Media Mail through the USPS. The Book Connection is not responsible for lost or damaged goods.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED!
Second Novels are Murder by Sue McGinty
14 hours ago