Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Author Interview: Rolf Hitzer, Author of Hoodoo Sea

Joining us today is Rolf Hitzer, author of the supernatural science fiction novel, Hoodoo Sea.

Rolf Hitzer was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He attended Princess Margaret Elementary School, John Pritchard Junior High and Graduated from Kildonan East Regional Secondary School where he had majored in Culinary Arts.

He has several passions besides writing, they include: being at the log cabin on weekends; spending time on the water with a fishing pole in hand; wildlife viewing and especially Moose calling during the fall rut; playing a range of Poker card games and a variety of board games.

Rolf is a Member of the Winnipeg Real Estate Board, The Manitoba Real Estate Association and the Canadian Real Estate Association. Hoodoo Sea is his first novel.

Welcome to The Book Connection, Rolf. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?


Hmmm, not sure what I can say. I'm a male, a Cancer from the zodiac sign, which is a summer baby. I have two children that I love very very much. I'm also a Realtor; I enjoy reading, writing (go figure), fishing and mixing it up in a poker game. Oh yeah, and eating really good food.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It's a great city to be raised in.

What is your fondest childhood memory?

My summers were spent on Lake Winnipeg with my grandparents. To lived an entire summer break in the outdoors, and at a lake. As an adult I realize how lucky I was to have grown up this way. All of my memories of this part of my childhood are filled with great happiness.

When did you begin writing?

In my late twenties for work, but fiction writing I didn't begin until I was in my early forties.

What is this book about?

My book is about a new technology created by NASA, speed of light travel. The test flight enters the Bermuda Triangle and then goes missing. What happens next alters everything that the crew had ever believed in prior to vanishing in the Triangle.

What inspired you to write it?

It was one of my "to do" items on my Bucket List. It's now a scratch and on to the next.

Who is your favorite author?

My favorite author is Louis L'amour. I've read more books by him than anyone else.

Do you have an agent or are you looking for one?

I have an agent, Johanna Bates out of Calgary, Alberta.

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

Hoodoo Sea can be purchased on Amazon.com.

Do you have a website and/or blog where readers can find out more?

Yes, I have a web site for the book and that can be found at http://www.hoodoosea.com/ and it is another place where the novel can be purchased.

What is the best investment you have made in promoting your book?

Having Ms. Tracee Gleichner from Pump Up Your Book be my promoter. She is awesome.

What is one piece of advice you would like to share with aspiring authors everywhere?

Just write, don't stop and persevere.

What is up next for you?

Hopefully this January I will continue with my second novel that I have ignored for the past few months.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Yes, what a wonderful Christmas or Holiday Season gift idea: buy someone you love a book.

Thanks for spending time with us today. We wish you the best of luck.


No comments: