Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Must Have Been a Good Girl...



...beacause Santa loaded up my stocking with loads of great gifts. Okay, they weren't all in my stocking, but this has to be one of the best Christmases this writer has had.

I only asked for one gift this year: a Kindle. More and more requests come in for me to review eBooks, and I just won't read them on the PC. While I have found that when you save a PDF as a TXT file there might be some errors, it's lovely to read off the Kindle. I can increase the font size to a comfortable reading level, search the book, and never need to worry about finding a bookmark to hold my place. This might just change my whole opinion on eBooks.

Under the tree I found a new journal, a notecard and pen set, a read-aloud edition of Little House on the Prairie, more books, and my stocking held a beautiful ivory and silver Cross pen and pencil set. Oh, and my Snuggie came with a booklight, which was nice since I couldn't find that the Kindle has a light and I was able to read in the car the other night while on the way out to supper.

I've already used most of my gifts and can't wait to read more books on my Kindle. "Christmas with Daisy" that I reviewed at TC&TBC, and Cowboy Fling were both read on my Kindle.

I hope Santa was good to all of you. Feel free to share some of your gifts from the man in the red suit.

No comments: