Tuesday, October 7, 2008
In the month of October, The Book Connection is giving away a copy of Tim Bete's Cap'n Billy "The Butcher" MacDougall's Guide to Pirate Parenting. I reviewed this title here.
In Guide to Pirate Parenting you’ll learn:
* At what age your child should be able to remove a bottle cap by taking out his glass eye and using his eye
* Which offense requires administering The Flying Dutchman Wedgie
* How to prevent sogging the quartermaster
* The best place to maroon your disobedient child
* How to remove chewing gum or a giant octopus from your child’s hair
* The difference between plundering and pillaging
* How to convert your minivan into a pirate schooner
* When to smack your teenager in the side of the head with an oar
Each information-packed section ends with “Your pirate’s progress,” a short quiz that shows whether your child is reaching his or her pirate development milestones.
Arg! Here be the rules matey:
You must comment here with your working email address so that we can contact you.
If you blog about this contest, leave a comment here, telling us where you are blogging about it for an additional entry!
Contest ends on October 30th. The winner will be announced on this blog on October 31st.