Monday, October 5, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Oct 5



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and are about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit, comment, and add to that ever-growing TBR pile! So welcome, everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and was then taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. 

Happy first Monday of October! Hope you had a great week. We had typical New England weather, cool one day and summer temperatures the next. After my closings on Wednesday, I appreciated a few slower work days. On Saturday, I tackled my first fall cleaning task: getting my upstairs office in order. I'm still working on it. That room will become my writing room, away from the many distractions stealing my attention in my new downstairs office. 

Here are a few photos from the week:


Theo taking a breather after our walk


Travis invades Paddy's space if he dares to sit down


Leaves are turning in our woods

Last week was another decent week of reading and reviewing. I brought The Eyes of River by Cindy K. Sproles downstairs so that I can begin it again. Too much time has passed for me to recall the first few chapters. 


Posted my review of Massawa by Pam Webber on Monday. You can find that here.


Posted my review of Beginner's Guide to Using an AI Assistant by Hank Quense.You can find it here.


I posted short reviews of two books I listened to thanks to Audible: How to Train Your Mind by Chris Bailey and God's Purpose for Your Life by Charles F. Stanley. You can read those reviews here.

I haven't started Harboring the Enemy: The Civil War Heroine History Forgot by R. C. Duffy yet, but I will soon because of the time limit.


I am reading She Forgot She Was Free: Returning to the Girl You Were Before the World Got Loud by Giselle Mascarenhas. This is for a review on October 14. 




I am also reading Still Wild: Poems from the Bear Shack by Suzanne Sunshower for a December review.


I am waiting for the arrival of Starry-Eyed Christmas by Sheila Roberts for a December review. 


Upcoming Events

  • She Forgot She Was Free by Giselle Mascarenhas - Oct 14 (Review)
  • Still Wild: Poems from the Bear Shack by Suzanne Sunshower - Dec 14 (Review)
  • Starry-Eyed for Christmas by Sheila Roberts - Dec 16 (Review)
  • Sugar Sand Land by Patricia Leavy - Dec 17 (Spotlight & Giveaway)


Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books they added to their shelves the previous week. This weekly meme was last hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach. It appears to be on hiatus, but I keep sharing new books. 

I pre-ordered a new book by Jill Kemerer, which arrived last week. Isn't the cover for His First Country Christmas lovely? This is part of what attracts me to Jill's books. 






Christmas Year Round

My Christmas blog is getting busier as we head into the holidays. Recent posts include:


The Children's and Teens' Book Connection

Recent reviews at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection include:
Day in the Snow by Fiona Craig and Counting Winter by Nancy White Carlstrom are coming later this week. 


Laura's Little Houses

In honor of what would have been Michael Landon's 90th birthday on October 31, I am sharing Halloween episodes of Little House on the Prairie. You can read that article here.

Wow! That was a lot. Hopefully, these posts are still engaging to you. I'm looking forward to checking out your blogs today. 

No comments: