Sunday, September 27, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? & Mailbox Monday - Sep 27



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and are about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit, comment, and add to that ever-growing TBR pile! So welcome, everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and was then taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. 

Happy Monday! Glad to have you here. Hope all is well. Can you believe that September is almost over?

I had a closing on Friday. Two closings are scheduled for Wednesday, and I just put a property under contract, which means I already have two closings scheduled for October. It is good to be blessed. 

I took part of Saturday and all of Sunday off because I am tired. The hubby has been sick, so I also wanted to keep him out of the rain and from walking the dog as much as possible. I made the mistake of going to the grocery store on Saturday and forgot how much the news scares everyone when bad weather is on the way. Granted, many areas of the Northeast were hit hard by this storm, but we live miles from the closest river. 

Here are some recent photos:


The Lil' Diva and the Lil' Princess at The Big E


My new book table from an estate sale


French toast with homemade
whipped cream and berries


Dwight boldly slept on Theo's bed


Theo and Paddy walking


Travis supervising me switching my
seasonal wardrobe

Lots going on in my reading world. 

I should be getting back to The Eyes of River soon. 


Finished Staged by Caitlin Rother. You can find my review here.


Finished Massawa by Pam Webber. Look for my review soon.


I enjoyed Cratchit: A Christmas Carol Continues by R.M. Bouknight much more than I thought I would when I started. Check out my review here.


Finished Beginner's Guide to Using an AI Assistant by Hank Quense. Look for my review soon.


I have also read the following children's books. Look for those reviews at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection over the next couple of weeks.


Luna and the Lost Cove by Aria Joy Prichard


Day in the Snow by Fiona Craig


Turkey's Fall Fumble by Wendi Silvano


Counting Winter by Nancy White Carlstrom



Upcoming Events

  • She Forgot She Was Free by Giselle Mascarenhas - Oct 14 (Review)
  • Still Wild: Poems from the Bear Shack by Suzanne Sunshower - Dec 14 (Review)
  • Starry-Eyed for Christmas by Sheila Roberts - Dec 16 (Review)
  • Sugar Sand Land by Patricia Leavy - Dec 17 (Spotlight & Giveaway)


Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books they added to their shelves the previous week. This weekly meme is now hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach. 

I downloaded two books from NetGalley recently. 





I also received Still Wild: Poems from the Bear Shack by Suzanne Sunshower for review.






Christmas Year Round

Journey through Christmases Past dove into snowstorms that happened around Christmas. You can read that post here.


The Children's and Teens' Book Connection

Posted my review of The Boy Behind the Wardrobe by Suzanne Poulter Harris this weekend. You can read that here. Earlier in the week, I reviewed Evan's Stormy Voyage by Karen Charles. You can read that here.


Laura's Little Houses

This weekend, I posted the next chapter in my Season 9 rewrite of the first episode, "Times Are Changing." You can read that here if you are interested. 

Finally feeling like I am catching up. Remind me of that if you see me taking on too many more books to review. LOL! Looking forward to visiting your blogs today. 

10 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm glad you have so many closings! And thanks for sharing the photos---they are all lovely.

Kathy Martin said...

Great photos! I'm glad for the closing but also glad that you are finding time to read. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out said...

Your new book table was a great find.
Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Deb. Closings make all the hard work worth it. Enjoy your week!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Kathy. It's been a good month. Busy, but blessed. Thanks for visiting.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Shelleyrae. I haven't found the right spot for it yet, but at least I have it. Thanks for visiting.

Kathryn T said...

A really great little book table, love it. Sounds like work is really good - perhaps a bit too much. Happy resting.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Kathryn. I knew I had to have that table as soon as I saw it. Too much work, but already at 85% of my goal for the year. Will be 102% by mid-October, so maybe more time for family around the holidays. Thanks for visiting.

Yvonne said...

What a great book table. So unusual. I hope you have a great week!