Sunday, August 30, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Aug 31



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are, and are about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit, comment, and add to that ever-growing TBR pile! So welcome, everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and was then taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date

Welcome to the last Monday and the last day of August. How quickly that happened. Hope you had a nice week. I worked and worked and then worked some more. No day off for me, but I'm looking forward to a day or two off this coming weekend. I did, however, get to spend some time in the kitchen.


Cookies!


Green beans and potatoes like my MIL 
used to make


Chicken cacciatore, which my MIL
 enjoyed cooking

Today is filled with medical appointments and work appointments. Would appreciate your prayers, as I have a suspicion based on recent bloodwork that I won't like what the doctor has to say. Hopefully, I am wrong. 

In my blogging and reading world, I still need to write my review of The Ladies Hall by Vanessa Miller. Amazing book! 


I didn't read The Eyes of River last week. 


Almost done with Staged by Caitlin Rother. 


Loving Massawa by Pam Webber. 


I still need to write a review of Food is Medicine by Dariush Mozaffarian, MD, DRPH.



I am reading:






Upcoming Events

  • Evan's Stormy Voyage by Karen Charles - Sep 24 (Review at TC&TBC)
  • She Forgot She Was Free by Giselle Mascarenhas - Oct 14 (Review)


Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books they added to their shelves the previous week. This weekly meme is now hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be At The Beach

I am still pretending I have self-control by not ordering or buying anything new. Of course, I haven't done much other than work, so that has helped. 





Christmas Year Round

Journey through Christmases Past explores what might be the last analog Christmas in 1994. I will let you decide if that's true. You can read my post here


The Children's and Teens' Book Connection

New feature alert! What Do You Think? will be reaching out to readers to ask their opinions on things. It might be very quiet, but we will see how it goes. Talking about author newsletters this week. Check it out here.


Laura's Little Houses

Nothing new this week, but ideas are always brewing. Season 2 of the new Little House on the Prairie is in production. I always have a hard time investing in a Netflix series because they cancel them so easily. I hope this series gets a longer run. 

That's it from me. I look forward to visiting you later today. 


1 comment:

Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out said...

I hope you only got good news from the doctor Cheryl

Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading.