Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Discovered in 2023



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.    

Welcome to the last Tuesday of January. Are you sad to see it go? It's been a productive month for me, and I took a bit of time over the holidays before kicking it into high gear with real estate.

When I saw this week's Top Ten topic, I wondered if I could come up with a solid list. As you know, I tend to read a lot of the same authors over and again. Happy to say, that there were more than I thought. So, here's...

Top Ten New-to-Me Authors
 I Discovered in 2023


Heard Oke's name but never read 
anything by her


Totally new to me thanks to a FB ad


Totally new to me thanks to NetGalley


Totally new to me thanks to NetGalley


Totally new to me thanks to NetGalley


Totally new to me thanks 
to The Saima Agency


Totally new to me thanks to my 
annual visit to the OBX


Totally new to me thanks to 
Poetic Book Tours


Totally new to me thanks to 
Partners in Crime Tours


Totally new to me thanks to NetGalley

Did we read any of the same books? Were these or are these new to you? 

8 comments:

Joanne said...

I haven't read any of these authors. I love how everyone's lists are so different. Here's my post for this week: https://portobellobookblog.com/2024/01/30/top-ten-tuesday-30th-january-2024-new-to-me-authors-i-discovered-in-2023-toptentuesday-bookrecommendations-amreading-tuesdaybookblog/

Sarah - Exploring All Genres said...

I haven't heard of any of these authors but I'm glad you were able to find some new ones to read and enjoy.

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

You found a nice mix of new authors! I hope you continue to enjoy them.

Cindy said...

When I started reading Christian Fiction Janette Oke and Beverly Lewis were about the only authors around, so I read a bunch by them back in the day. I LOVE Jaime Jo Wright's books!!

Pam said...

A friend gave me a Janette Oke book as a gift during our freshman year of university (way too long ago!). I enjoyed reading it, and it was actually one of the few books I've reread. I hope you continue to enjoy these authors in 2024.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/authors-i-first-read-in-2023/

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Yes, Joanne, lots of great variety today.

Thanks, Sarah.

Thanks, Deanna.

Cindy, I think I have other Janette Oke books here, but can't believe I've never read them. Jamie Jo Wright's book was amazing!

Thanks, Pam. I'm enjoy Oke's Love Comes Softly series in printed and movie format.

Thanks for your comments today, everyone. Hope you enjoy your week.

Susan said...

Wright's books always look appealing to me, but I didn't love the one I've read. Maybe I need to give her another chance? I'm glad you discovered a few new authors in 2023!

Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

If you haven't read The Vanishing at Castle Moreau, Susan, I highly recommend it. I haven't read any of Wright's other titles, so I can't compare them, but amazingly unexpected. Thanks for visiting.