Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Titles That Would Make Great Newspaper Headlines



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.    

This week's topic was suggested by Cathy at What Cathy Read Next. I love this topic. Not sure how well I will do with it, but I'll give it a shot. Here are my...

Top Ten Book Titles That Would Make 
Great Newspaper Headlines


A New Year's Day headline


A headline about changing weather


Headline about the capture of a serial killer


Headline of a human interest story


Headline for a human interest story 


Headline about a workers' strike


Headline for a human interest story


Headline about a momentous weather event


Headline about a murder investigation


Headline about a closing business

Hope you enjoy my take on this week's topic. I'm looking forward to seeing your choices. 

16 comments:

Lydia said...

I’d sure like to read Make Fitness a Priority if it were a newspaper article.

Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

Emily said...

A great list and story suggestions!

Have a great week

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I definitely want to read Heroines of Mercy Street. Great picks!

Cindy said...

Great list! I think I need to check out the "rest of the story" on making Fitness a Priority! Have a great week!

Greg said...

The May Queen Murders and A Christmas Journey Home would certainly get my attention.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

I would join you, Lydia, but I'm not sure I would follow the advice. LOL!

Thanks, Emily.

Lauren, I wish they had continued Mercy Street on TV. That was my fix for it getting canceled on a cliffhanger.

Cindy, so do I, but doubt it will stick. LOL!

Greg, A Christmas Journey Home is such an amazing story. Definitely worth the read.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone.

Lark said...

On Strike for Christmas makes for a great headline; I like The May Queen Murders, too, (though I really didn't love that book).

Rebecca said...

I love your take on the topic.

Great list!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I'd read an article with a headline lie A GIRL CAME HOME.

Susan said...

Great list! All of these headlines would catch my attention, especially On Strike for Christmas. I would definitely want to read that article.

Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

I love how you also gave us what type od headline they would be. So fun!

Hopewell said...

Very good! What a cute cover on the strike book, too! Lisa of Hopewell https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2023/11/07/nov-7-top-ten-tuesday-book-titles-that-would-make-great-newspaper-headlines/

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Lark. I thought it was a good choice, too.

Thanks, Rebecca.

That's so neat, Anne.

Agreed, Susan. That was the first one I knew had to be on the list.

Thanks, Deanna. Glad you liked it.

Really appreciate you all stopping by.

Pam said...

A fantastic collection of titles! I like how you explained the kind of article the title would be part of.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/book-titles-that-would-make-great-headlines/

Read with Stefani said...

The Lost Bookshop has been on my TBR for a while. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/book-titles-that-would-make-great-newspaper-headlines/

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer said...

I think you did great! This week was a challenge, but refreshingly unique. :)