Monday, August 14, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Aug 14

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.       

Happy Monday! It is a busy one, so this will be short and sweet. Lots of real estate happenings--some good, some not so good. I finished two editing projects over the weekend and am reading a potential acquisition for the publishing house. HelloFresh is helping me with suppertime on those crazy days. I also signed up to try Blueland, which are eco-friendly cleaning products. First shipment of laundry supplies arrived Saturday. Anyone else tried these? Would love your feedback. 



In my reading world, I finished these two for reviews on August 21st and August 18th respectively. 



I didn't read this one last week. 



Next up are the following:









Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • Red Tail Feathers by Wendi Lou Lee - August 18 (review)
  • Sammy the Sailing Sea Turtle by Gwendol - August 16 (TC&TBC)
  • Ravage & Son by Jerome Charyn - August 21 (review)
  • Victoria James: And The Mysterious Case of the Chilly Willies by Elizabeth Burns August 29 (review TC&TBC)
  • Precious Burdens by Avery Sterling - August 31
  • Murder at Midnight by Katharine Schellman - October 4 (review)
  • Death and the Sisters by Heather Redmond - October 17 (review)
  • Resparking Creativity by Fatemah Mirza & Sumayyah Rafiq - November 20 (review)



Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

With an Audible credit, I decided to go with a writing craft book on August 7th. 



For more than twenty years Natalie Goldberg has been challenging and cheering on writers with her books and workshops. In her groundbreaking first book, she brings together Zen meditation and writing in a new way. Writing practice, as she calls it, is no different from other forms of Zen practice—"it is backed by two thousand years of studying the mind." This edition includes a new preface and an interview with the author.

That's it from me. I will check in on blogs later today. 

11 comments:

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I hope the not-so-good improves

Wishing you a happy reading week

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am curious about the eco-friendly products. Have a great week.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like your work is keeping you busy. I haven't tried any eco-friendly products. We both have Murder at Midnight on our stacks. I hope to get to it soon. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. Hope things go well and you enjoy your reading.

Greg said...

I hope the good outweights the not so good this week! And Schellman's book looks perfect for October!

Snapdragon said...

Those are some neat look books.
Have a great week.

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I've been using laundry detergent sheets for close to a year now and really like them. Less plastic and taking up less valuable space in my RV are definite bonuses. I gave up dryer sheets and fabric softener when my husband and I started working out at the gym a lot about ten years ago--all our gym clothes said not to use them so I just gave them up completely and haven't looked back. I used to use dryer balls instead of dryer sheets but mine were plastic and cracked so now I just don't throw anything extra in the dryer.

You know you might be a Southerner when your brain just will NOT see Ride, Roll, Run as anything other than "Roll Tide." :-) I'm not even a football fan but I had to stare at that title entirely too long!

I hope your week is still good overall, despite some anticipated not-so-good moments.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Murder at Midnight sounds fun, enjoy!
https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/08/13/sunday-post-91-08-13-2023-a-bit-of-everything/

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Shelleyrae. It didn't work out as planned, but sometimes that happens. There must be something better coming along.

Laurel, I've used them this week. Not a fan of the smell of the powdered laundry booster, but the tablet works well, and the dryer balls are great. My old ones never worked as well as these do.

Kathy, I saw we are both reading Murder at Midnight when I visited your blog today. Can't wait to read what you think of it.

Thanks, Kathryn.

Thanks, Greg. You are right about that book in October.

Snapdragon, hope you had a great week as well.

Jen, I've thought about laundry sheets, but we have a sewer ejector tank, and I'm worried how that would go. That's also why I don't use pods anymore. LOL on the Roll Tide.

Emma, hope it ends up being a good book.

Thanks for all your comments this week. Sorry it took me so long to catch up.

Unknown said...

I hope the laundry items work well for you.
Hope you've had a good week and Happy Reading!

Unknown said...

Oh it didn't show my name again. The last comment is from Martha @ Reviews by Martha's Bookshelf.