Monday, August 21, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Aug 21

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.  

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.       

Happy Monday from Wilmington! The Lil' Princess is back at college. We will be here until Tuesday. After that, we will leave her until the end of September. Not sure if are flying down for Family Weekend or if she is flying home so she can attend The Big E, a multi-state fair that takes place every September in our area. 


Pulling out


Neat café in Vienna, VA

I will be posting my review of Red Tail Feathers on Tuesday or Wednesday. I simply couldn't get to it last week. Amazing book! Look for my review of Ravage & Son today. 




I read this one on the drive down.


I brought this one on the road with us.


These are up next. 







I also have this one from NetGalley to read. 



Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • Victoria James: And The Mysterious Case of the Chilly Willies by Elizabeth Burns August 29 (review TC&TBC)
  • Precious Burdens by Avery Sterling - August 31
  • Murder at Midnight by Katharine Schellman - October 4 (review)
  • Death and the Sisters by Heather Redmond - October 17 (review)
  • Resparking Creativity by Fatemah Mirza & Sumayyah Rafiq - November 20 (review)



Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Nothing new in my mailbox. That's okay. I need to catch up. 

Hope you have a great week. 

9 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Ah, another school year is starting here today too. Summers seem to go by faster and faster as I get older. Murder at Midnight is on my list for this week too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Barb said...

Hope your daughter has a great college year! So exciting for her. You are the second blog I've seen with Death and Her Sisters and I added it to my wishlist just this morning. Hope you have a great week and thanks for visiting Booker T's Farm!

Greg said...

We're doing the move thing this Thursday. Bittersweet times :)

Murder at Midnight looks great.

Kathryn T said...

Red Tail Feathers does have a gorgeous cover will look out for your review.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Your books look good, and your trip added a nice finish to the summer weeks.

Yvonne said...

Your books look really good. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a good trip and your daughter gets settled back well.
I'm interested in your review for Red Tail Feather.
The Poetics book is tempting.
Happy Reading!
Martha
https://marthasbookshelf.blogspot.com/

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I hope your daughter has a great school year!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Enjoy the empty mailbox to catch up!
I had a book in my Mailbox: https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/08/21/book-review-claudine/