Sunday, June 11, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Jun 12

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.       

Welcome back! I am posting early because Monday is Realtor Day on Beacon Hill. We all get on the bus and drive to Boston to meet legislators and discuss issues facing the housing industry and current and future property owners. Such a fun time!

As far as books go, I read this one for a review that will appear at The Children's and Teen's Book Connection on July 19. You can check out my review on GoodReads if you don't want to wait.



I finished this graphic novel and posted my review here.


I switched gears on my professional development books and downloaded this freebie on Audible. It is 12 hours long, so not sure if it will be for me, but I like it so far. 



I finished this one over the weekend. My review is up on Goodreads if you want to read it early, but my review will be posted on this blog June 20. I am sad to see Tempe go, but felt it ended in the perfect place for these beloved characters. 



This book will be next.



This is likely next. 


Then I need to read these two poetry collections. 





Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • A Final Farwell by Marilyn Meredith - June 20 (review)
  • All That Glitters by Mike Martin - June 29 (review)
  • Becoming Flawesome by Kristina Mand-Lakhiani - July 11
  • Single Parents Rock! by Jaret Martino - July 19 (review TC&TBC)
  • The Unempty Spaces Between by Louis Efron - July 20 (review)
  • Exits by Stephen C. Pollock - August 7 (review)
  • Ravage & Son by Jerome Charyn - August 21 (review)

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This arrived in my Inbox for a July virtual book tour.


I grabbed this for free on Audible. 


I used an Audible credit for this one.


Though I've published four books now, and hope to see the fifth one out this year, reading these helps me to stay motivated and plan more writing time. 

Grabbed these books at the Friends of the Wilbraham Public Library book sale.



That is it for me. I probably won't check in until late on Monday or Tuesday morning, but I hope you have a great day.

12 comments:

Greg said...

That editing book looks awesome. Hope you have an excellent start to your week :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have several tempting titles. Enjoy!

Kathryn T said...

Looks like a wide variety of reading Cheryl, hope they are all worthwhile. Hope there is a few good things in the editing book.

Mark Baker said...

Such a variety of genres on your list. And they look like fun, too.

Kathy Martin said...

Intriguing variety of books. I hope you enjoy them all and learn lots. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Good variety for you. Since we do so much by redline proofing now, I love seeing the editing marks on the editing book cover. I haven't really seen true proofreading marks since college days. (Yes, that was pre-computer.) :-)
Hope you had fun at the Legislative Days. I know our local realtors enjoy their trip to Tallahassee for that event.
Have a good week and Happy Reading!

Cheryl said...

Greg, so far so good. Enjoying the indepth discussion on editing.

Hope you get to enjoy some of them, Laurel.

Kathryn, so far I am on a good streak with my reading.

Mark, the variety helps when I am reading more than one book at a time.

Kathy, I am hopeful I'll learn lots.

Martha, I thought the editing marks were cool, too. It was a great day in Boston.

Thanks for visiting, everyone. Hope you enjoy all your books.

Yvonne said...

Interesting selection of books. Hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

Harvee said...

Of I were going to edit, I'd buy that book. Thing is, I'm too busy reading and reviewing for anything else right now!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

Love the editorial and shut and write that book! Those are things I need. LOL

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Lovely tools for your writing career!

Cheryl said...

Reading and reviewing is too much fun, right, Harvee?

Savvy, you are right!

Thanks, Emma.

Hope you all enjoy your week.