Monday, June 5, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - June 5

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.       

Welcome to the first Monday in June. I hope you had a nice week. Mine was tremendously busy, but also pleasantly productive. Tons of real estate fun, finished two editing projects, spent a tiny bit of time in my kitchen, and even finished reading a short book. On Sunday, I completed my North Carolina continuing education to retain my real estate license. Now, I am good in all three states (MA, CT, NC) until 2024. Thank goodness for that. 

As far as reading goes, I feel more accomplished as well. My Goodreads goal for 2023 is on track, and I'm working to stay on top of reviews for this month. 

My review of this book appeared last week at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection


I also reviewed this book at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. You can read my review here


I finished this one on NetGalley and posted a review here as well. 



Loving this one so far, but I expected nothing less than wonderful from my dear friend.




I hope to finish this NetGalley download this week. Progress shows 57%.


This book will be next.


I was approved for Charlotte Hubbard's upcoming Promise Lodge novel on NetGalley, so that is also on my list.



Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • A Final Farwell by Marilyn Meredith - June 20 (review)
  • All That Glitters by Mike Martin - June 29 (review)
  • Single Parents Rock! by Jaret Martino - July 19 (review TC&TBC)
  • The Unempty Spaces Between by Louis Efron - July 20 (review)
  • Exits by Stephne C. Pollock - August 7 (review)
  • Ravage & Son by Jerome Charyn - August 21 (review)

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

When Charlotte contacted me about her upcoming release, I knew I would say yes. I don't even mind reading on NetGalley with my phone app. 




Returning to the fan-favorite world of the closeknit Amish community of Promise Lodge, the small-town Missouri setting of her beloved Amish inspirational romance novels, the author continues to delight readers with uplifting tales of faith, family, and the blessings and happiness of true love and caring partnership. For fans of Shelley Shepard Gray and Beth Wiseman.

When Karen Mercer and Andi Swann come to Promise Lodge for a week’s stay, the Kuhn sisters quickly detect the guests are not Plain folk, despite their kapps and homemade dresses. Entranced by the idyllic Amish lifestyle they’ve read about in romance novels, the visitors have gone undercover to revisit the place that was once the church camp where they spent happy summers. They mean no harm—but when the truth is uncovered, their deception has an intriguing impact on the faithful, hard-working community . . . 

 Meanwhile, amid bustling preparations for a spring wedding, a shy horse trainer is encouraged to share his colorful world with a newcomer awaiting a miracle . . . while the widowed baker of luscious Promise Lodge Pies sees a long-time friendship in a romantic new light. And in the wake of a destructive storm, Karen and Andi’s insider knowledge of the grounds may offer the safe passage they all need to renew and rebuild—stronger than ever . . .

I hope to be able to check in with all of my blogging friends throughout the day, but if my schedule gets away from me, I promise to visit this week. Happy reading!

11 comments:

Greg said...

Congrats! Glad it was a good week! Hope this one is off to a nice start as well. :)

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! You got so much reading done. All your books sound great too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Have a great week, Cheryl!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Greg. So far so good.

Yes, Kathy. Good to check things off my reading list.

Thanks, Mary. You, too!

Yvonne said...

Congrats on the real estate license.

Enjoy your books and have a great week!

Kathryn T said...

Enjoy your reading and well done with the licence.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Yvonne and Kathryn. I appreciate it.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Congratulations on your achievements this past week!

Have a wonderful reading week.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

The cover of the book youreceived is very cute. Enjoy!
https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/06/04/sunday-post-86-06-04-2023/

Martha Eskuchen said...

Well done getting all your CLE done. Being licensed in three states is quite an accomplishment.
The Promise Lodge book looks good.
Have a good rest of the week and Happy Reading!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, shelleyrae.

Emma, I sure it will be a good one.

Thanks, Martha. It keeps me running, but I love it.

Thanks for visiting last week, everyone.