Sunday, May 14, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - May 15

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.       

Welcome to another It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday! I am posting this early so that I can get a head start Monday morning on visiting blogs. 

How was your weekend? I hope all the moms out there had a nice Mother's Day. This was the first Mother's Day without my mother-in-law, and my in-laws' celebration of life was Saturday on their wedding anniversary, so our weekend came with a mix of different emotions.


Flowers from the kids


The Lil' Diva made supper and this yummy chocolate cake


The Lil' Princess made me this lovely e-card. 

Speaking of the Lil' Princess, she is home for the summer! Here are some photos from our trip to Wilmington to pick her up.


Hubby celebrated his birthday while we were there




Downtown Wilmington waterfront


Eating bagels at Round the last day in Wilmington


As far as reading goes, I am still making my way through this one on NetGalley. It's not a long book, but I haven't had much time this week. 


I read another chapter of this one.



I am considering this one completed, but I honestly didn't read it beginning to end. Each day is set up as a devotional, so it was really hard to listen to it in the car and feel like it was effective. After six days, I skipped ahead. I would need to go back and listen daily in the comfort of my home to get the most out of it.


I finished this book and will be ready on May 29 for my review at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. 


I would like to start this devotional this week.



Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • The Ghost Hunters Series Spotlight - May 22
  • The Giving Back Tree by Tarky Lee - May 29 (review at TC&TBC)
  • A Final Farwell by Marilyn Meredith - June 20 (review)
  • All That Glitters by Mike Martin - June 29 (review)
  • Ravage & Son by Jerome Charyn - Aug 21 (review)

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.


This little gem got delivered this week. It is the final book in Marilyn Meredith's Tempe Crabtree Mystery Series. I am really going to miss these characters as much as I miss the Rocky Bluff P.D. ones that Meredith writes under the name F. M. Meredith. Both series are now completed. I wish my dear friend well, and am grateful that Facebook keeps us connected. 

My hope is to finish editing a proof for an author before the end of the week. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Mark Baker said...

Good luck getting that proof finished. Hope your weekend was more sweet than bitter, although I can understand the mixed emotions.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Seems like you had a wonderful Mother’s Day, if a touch bittersweet.

Wishing you a great reading week

Kathy Martin said...

Nice looking assortment of books. I can understand the mixed feelings about Mother's Day. I hope it was mostly positive. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

I am curious about Marilyn Meredith's Tempe Crabtree Mystery Series, I'll check. Congrats on finishing the series

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Mark. I really need to finish it.

Yes, it was nice, shelleyrae.

Kathy, the first ones seem the hardest. I'm sure it will get easier.

Emma, I love both of her series. Must reads.

Thanks for stopping by today, everyone. Enjoy your week.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Sounds like a nice but emotional weekend.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Lovely flowers and pictures.
You have me interested in the Meredith books.
Hope you are having a good week and Happy Reading!

Cheryl said...

It was, Mary.

Thanks, Martha. I was spoiled this weekend.

Meredith's books are fabulous.

Thanks for visiting this week!

Literary Feline said...

The flowers are beautiful and the cake looks delicious! I can only imagine the range of emotions you and your family had over the Mother Day Weekend. I hope you have had a good week and enjoy the weekend! Happy reading!