Monday, April 24, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Apr 24

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.      

Welcome to the last full week of April. I am typing this from the passenger seat of my car in Springfield, VA. We are on our way to Mount Holly, NJ, where we will spend the night before making it the rest of the way home. I will share pictures next week. 

We enjoyed our time with the Lil' Princess and enjoyed watching her dance again. We also connected with good friends of ours who live in Wilmington, NC now. 

Traveling is often good for reading time, but even before we left I had finished this book. Look for my review today.


I didn't read from this book during the week, as I've been spending more time in prayer. 



I finished this book the first day of our trip. I highly recommend it. Look for my review coming soon.



There is an e-book giveaway that runs through April 27th for a copy of An Accomplished Woman by Suzan Lauder. Please leave a comment here for your chance to enter and win. 



I need to start these two this week for my May 1 and May 29 reviews. 




Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jamie Jo Wright - Apr 24 (review)
  • The Shade Under the Mango Tree by Evy Journey - Apr 27
  • The Not So True Adventures of Brandon, Josh and Adam by Barry M. Fellinger - May 1 (review at TC&TBC)
  • Crossing A Fine Line by W. L. Brooks - May 9
  • The Giving Back Tree by Tarky Lee - May 29 (review at TC&TBC)

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

On Saturday, we visited Pomegranate Books in Wilmington. I grabbed two birthday cards and these two books.


That's it for me today. I might not check in until later because I will be driving. Hope you enjoy your week.

9 comments:

Harvee said...

I'm curious about How Successful People Think. The answers should be interesting.

https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com

Snapdragon said...

How Successful People Think sound like an interesting read.

Kathy Martin said...

It's fortunate that you don't get carsick. I did a lot of reading on car trips when I was younger. Now I'm stuck with the driving. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cindy said...

YOu have a nice assortment of books here. I hope you enjoy them all when you get a chance to read them. Have a great week!

Mary Beth said...

I can only listen to books when in the car so good on you for reading! I hope you have a lovely week.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Oops, that comment just above was from me forgetting I was in a different email account, lol.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

These curious tales sound like a lot of fun, enjoy!

Martha Eskuchen said...

I hope you had a wonderful, safe trip. Happy Reading!

Cheryl said...

Thank you for your loyal readership, my friends. Just catching up now.

Harvee and Snapdragon, it is a good book. Hope you can check it out.

Kathy, I outgrew carsickness, but it was horrible when I was a kid.

Thanks, Cindy. I feel more productive with my reading lately.

Mary, I do most of my audio reading in the car as well. Sometimes at my desk if I am performing a meaningless task, but usually driving.

Thanks, Emma and Martha.

Thanks to everyone for visiting this week.