Monday, December 12, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Dec 12

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome to Monday! As I am typing this, we are experiencing a snowy Sunday afternoon. I am hoping to get more decorating done today because the house is looking a bit dreary since I haven't been home much. At least a few small decorations are up.



Last week held several meetings and events. Our state association installed their 2023 officers and directors. Our local association also held a major investor event where we had some yummy food from Latitude. 


MAR installation of officers and directors at Four Points Sheraton in Norwood


Latitude's brownie Sunday


I haven't been reading much, but that is because I am either on the road or tied up with other things. I think I have a day off coming on December 20. I better get moving on everything. My cards still need to go out.

I am part way through this one. It is very dense and has strong ties to Sherlock Holmes. It is helpful if you have read Holmes before diving into this series. I feel if I had more brain power lately, I could get through it more easily. 


I started this one to get ahead of my January 13 review. 

I am listening to this book on Audible. 



I hope to read and review this one this week because I didn't get to it last week. 


After that, I really need to read this book because its review is so overdue. 




Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

I am thinking Santa and his elves will be putting some books under the tree, so I am not buying anything right now. I grabbed a few Kindle freebies this week.





I also grabbed this one from Audible with a credit.  



Now I am off to my basement to uncover Christmas decorations. Hope you have a great week!

8 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like you are keeping very busy. That brownie sundae looks excellent! Good luck finding time to decorate. Your books look good too. I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes but I find I like newer authors' take on the character better than the original Doyle stories. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Greg said...

I keep seeing that time travel book around and it's starting to make me curious. :)

Hope you have a fantastic week.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I love the window wreaths! I hope you can fit a little reading in this week.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Kathy. I keep hoping life will slow down.

Greg, if you decide to read that book, I would start with the first in the series.

Thanks, Mary. They were very affordable from LTD Commodities.

I appreciate all of you visiting today.

Kathryn T said...

This time of year can be difficult to grab the time and head space to read. Hope it all slows down soon.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Ooh, the 10th floor sounds really good!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. I hope you find time to read and relax too.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Year end can sure keep you busy. Your decorations are lovely.
The 10th Floor looks interesting.
BTW - I like your Christmas theme background.
Hope you get to have some rest and happy reading!