Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Series I’d Like to Start/Catch up on/Finish



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.    

Happy Tuesday! This week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about series--what I would like to start, catch up on, or finish. I am sure there are more than I am thinking of here, but I decided to share the first ones that came to mind.

Top Ten Series I’d Like to Start/Catch up on/Finish


I've read the first six books of this series and have six more to go.


I've read many of the Tempe Crabtree novels, but need to go back and read the earlier ones. 


I want to start this series by Vannetta Chapman. 


I can't believe I haven't read the final book in the Tradd Street series yet. I am also eager to start its spin-off. 


I bought these for my mother-in-law, but she didn't like them. There are a lot of books in this series, so I better get started.


Based on one of my favorite TV shows, Murder, She Wrote has numerous authors alongside Jessica Fletcher. I might not catch up, but it will be fun trying. 


Mysteries and lighthouses...what could be better? Well, the author could write a Christmas one. I have this first book in my house somewhere. I bought it in North Carolina. It is set on the Outer Banks. 


I've read several books in Jon Land's Caitlin Strong series, but I need to start at the beginning and read through to where I started, which was somewhere in the middle. 


So not me, but I loved Cinder. I really need to finish this series.


Long ago, in some forgotten world, I started the Gus LeGarde Mystery series. I think there are a dozen of them, so I need to do some catching up. 

Have you read any of the books on my list? What series are you aching to start, catch up on, or finish?

13 comments:

Pam said...

I don't think I've read any of these books. I hope that you enjoy them when you get the opportunity.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/series-i-need-to-catch-up-on-or-finish/

Emily said...

I want to read The Lunar Chronicles. A couple of other good looking reads - Murder She Wrote being one!
Have a great week!

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/08/top-ten-tuesday-series-id-like-to-start-catch-up-on-finish/

Terrie said...

This is such an interesting week to get a snapshot of what people like to read (or not, for those who are focusing on series they won't finish).I enjoyed Cinder too but probably won't read on. I started the Louise Penny mystery series in the middle by accident and this year I went back and started from the beginning and read all 17!
Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-books-in-series

Poinsettia said...

I really enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

Michael Hickerson said...

I tried the Lunar Chronicles but it was not my cup of tea.

That said, there are some series on your list that may work their way onto my TBR list.

https://nashvillebookworm.wordpress.com/2022/11/08/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-want-to-catch-up-on/

Leah’s Books said...

These all look really good! The Cinder series was really good, I flew through them and loved them all.

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

By Book or By Crook looks like such a fun cozy mystery. Hope you enjoy these!

Lydia said...

I hope you enjoy all of these books!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-should-read-someday/

Cindy said...

Nice list! I love Vanetta Chapman but don't think I have read that series either. I have heard of Y'barro, but have not read her books, I need to try one. Good luck with all of these :) https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/11/top-ten-tuesday-book-series-i-want.html

Susan said...

The Lunar Chronicles series really isn't my genre either, but I liked it a lot. I hope you enjoy the rest of it. The Gates series is one I want to start. I've got the first book on my Kindle; I just need to actually read it now!

Happy TTT!

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer said...

I've read through The Lunar Chronicles series a few times and I highly recommend them all! Cress was actually my favorite. I hope you get to continue with it!

Rae | HerSerialLife.com said...

Great list of series to finish. I hope you get around to finishing it.
Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-series-id-like-to-finish-before-2022-ends/
Have a great week.

iloveheartlandX said...

I read the first two Lunar Chronicles books but haven't read the others. To be honest, it's been like five years and I'm not really feeling the urge to finish, so I reckon it's one of those series that I'll probably just abandon.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/08/top-ten-tuesday-393/