Monday, October 10, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Oct 10

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Hello from Wilmington, NC. Hurricane Ian delayed our trip to see the Lil' Princess at college, so we took off two days ago and headed south. Speaking of Ian, I hope you'll join me in praying for all those impacted by the hurricane. It is hard to imagine the destruction. One of our family members had some damage, but nothing as horrible as many other areas. 


Carolina Beach 


This coming week, I will list two properties and start paperwork for a third. Real estate seems to come in fits and starts these days. Not unexpected since my role as president of the local board takes time away from prospecting. Luckily, most of my business comes from personal and professional referrals. 

In my reading world, I finished this seasonal short story collection. You can read my review here.



I am reading this young adult novel I will review on October 19 at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection




I started this Christian mentorship guidebook to prepare for my review on October 28 and this historical novel, which I will review on October 20. 




I have these tours coming up in November, because good books always call my name. 




Still hoping to read these soon.  








Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

I've been on a book buying spree. I can't recall the last time I bought so many books. I added the rest of the books in the Daughters of the Mayflower series.







Vannetta Chapman's latest inspirational romance arrived.



Christianbook.com had a great sale on titles; some $2 or less. I grabbed all these.





I also grabbed these Kindle freebies.







I should have one more book coming in before I call it quits. Sometimes it is good to spoil yourself. 

What books are you anticipating this week? What book was a great read? Any unexpected greats or fails? 

9 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

So many nice looking new books! I had a week like that a couple of weeks ago. The devastation in Florida from Ian is truly mind blowing. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

My prayers are going out to all dealing with Ian aftermath.
All of your books look good so I hope you enjoy eventually getting to read them. Have a good week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Enjoy your books and stay safe from the hurricanes. Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Harvee said...

Enjoy all those books with brides, and the holiday novels too.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter. The footage I’ve seen of Hurricane Ian’s destruction really is devastating.
Enjoy your new books

Wishing you a great reading week

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Wow, that's a nice haul, and a lot of brides, lol. I hope they will be good company for you.

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

That's a lot of bride books...I hope you enjoy your new books. Good luck with the real estate listings.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got your delayed visit.
I've been praying for the South Florida communities. Getting back in our offices this week after 4 years reminds me of what our area went through...and we didn't have the flooding problems.
So many good books for you. I have been tempted by the Mayflower series.
Thanks for the tips - I picked up The Clause in Christmas.
Happy Reading!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting this week, everyone. I am slow on getting to visit blogs.

Kathy, hope you get a chance to read some of these.

Mary, thanks for joining me in prayer.

Thanks, Laurel. Hope you read some great books this week.

Thanks, Harvee. Holiday books are my favorite.

Shelleyrae, it was a great visit.

Emma, yes, lots of brides. I need to catch up on my reading.

Serena, I'm not sure why I bought all the brides one. I don't always read those types of stories. They just spoke to me this time.

Glad you had a chance to pick up The Clause in Christmas.

Hope you all had a lovely week.