Monday, October 17, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Oct 17

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome back to Monday! I hope you had a great week. I forgot last week was Thanksgiving for my Canadian friends. I hope you enjoyed your holiday. 

The Lil' Princess decided to fly home for long weekend, so we were treated to seeing her again for a few days. We visited her in town favorite places and drove into Amherst to pick pumpkins at Atkins Farms. The leaves are really changing over now, so the landscape around here is beautiful. 






On Thursday, I joined real estate friends for a fundraising event at Black Birch Vineyard


I'm working on a new book project for a client that I am thrilled about. Another editing project is waiting for me as well. 

In my reading world, I am reading this young adult novel I will review on October 19 at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection



I finished this Christian mentorship guidebook to prepare for my review on October 28.  


I am almost done with this historical novel, which I will review on October 20. 


I have these tours coming up in November, because good books always call my name. 




Still hoping to read these soon.  








Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

No new books in the mailbox this week, but I grabbed this Kindle freebie.


That's it for me this week. I am on the road this morning, so I will catch up with all of you when I come back. Hope you share some of your great reads from the week. 

12 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Looks like you had a nice visit with your daughter. Our leaves have changed and will probably drop with the snow showers we have at the moment. I was hoping they'd stick around for a while but that's the way it goes. Have a good week, Cheryl!

Harvee said...

Melissa Gilbert's book sounds interesting. Enjoy the fall colors.

Elizabeth said...

Lots of good books...enjoy!!

Kathy Martin said...

Glad your daughter could make it home in time to see the leaves change. Ours seem to have changed overnight with no lingering colorful trees. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

Yes, we had a wonderful visit, Mary. Too short, but we will see her around Thanksgiving. Sorry the snow showers are interfering with your pretty landscape.

I liked Melissa Gilbert's first book, Harvee, so I have high hopes for this one. Did you have a chance to read it?

Thanks, Elizabeth.

Kathy, it's funny you say that, because our trees starting changing so quickly. Hopefully they last for a bit.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Beverley Baird said...

Wonderful assortment of books. Hope you have a great week of reading.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Beverley. Hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for visiting.

Kathryn T said...

Great to have a weekend visit with your daughter and enjoy the start of Autumn. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy work wise and reading to fill in the other spots!!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Rivers Overseas sounds very cute, I hope it's a good one for you

Unknown said...

Nice you had another chance to visit with your daughter.
So many good books on your list. I hope you enjoy Rivers Overseas.
Happy Reading! MarthaE

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been meaning to read Melissa Gilbert's books. Enjoy your week!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

What a great visit.