Monday, July 11, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - July 11

 Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome back to Monday. I hope you had a nice week. Our first week on the Outer Banks has been filled making memories, working, and some troubling family news.


The walking trail at the North Carolina Aquarium in Manteo


Flag flying in Manteo


Beach in Kill Devil Hills


Manteo coffee shop stickers


The Lil' Diva and the Lil' Princess hold their tree pose (there is a story behind this one)


National Real Estate Ethics Day 2022

Not long after we arrived, we received the news that our daughter-in-law passed away unexpectedly. We considered returning home, but since her memorial service will be delayed, we wanted to try and keep things as normal as possible for the girls, especially with our youngest leaving for college in August. Our son also wanted us to stay here; so though I still feel I would be more helpful to him at home, we are doing our best to have a nice time.

I can't say I've really felt like reading much since then, but I know I have review commitments. 

I finished this book.


I am reading this one now.


Here are other books that I have with me, but doubtful I will finish many of them while we are away. I am spending more time catching up on my daily Bible reading. I allowed myself to fall behind when I got busy with work. 










Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

As is typical when I spend some time browsing, I found a couple of Kindle freebies to grab. 




I hope you share some of your new books in the comments. I will check them out today.  

9 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

My sympathies to you and your family on the loss of your DIL. I can understand why reading hasn't been a priority. I hope your vacation isn't totally ruined. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter in law. Condolences to you all.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Kathy and Mary.

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law. That is so hard! Keeping you in my prayers. - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

Kathryn T said...

So sorry to hear about the very sad loss of your daughter in law. So tough for you all. May you all find the strength you need.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Melinda and Kathryn. I appreciate it.

Cheriee Weichel said...

No wonder you couldn't read much. I am so sorry to read about your daughter in law. I would be conflicted too - wanting to support my son, but at the same time, wanting to create positive memories for the girls. Sending love to help get you through this.

Cheryl said...

Thank you so much, Cheriee. I appreciate your visit and your kind words.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I am so sorry for your loss and the trauma it brings to all of your family. I will keep you in prayer.
thanks for the new freebie titles. I was able to get both.
Stay safe, and treasure your time with your family.