Friday, June 3, 2022

Book Review: The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part 2: The End of the Story by Og Mandino

 

Here is the end of the story for Hafid, the man who was known to all as "the great salesman." 

Successful businessman Hafid, now retired, has isolated himself from the world after the death of his wife, with only his friend Erasmus for companionship. However, a meeting with a stranger encourages him to embark upon a new career. Unsure of his success in the new career, Hafid connects with his past, which changes his life forever. 

The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part 2: The End of the Story by Og Mandino brings the reader through the rest of Hafid's story. Though it has been decades since I read the first book, it was like seeing an old friend again. As this story unfolded, I could remember the first book so well. It also features the vows of success that became so popular with the first book. If you think of the importance of repeating daily affirmations, then reading The Greatest Salesman in the World and The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part 2: The End of the Story one after the other, will be helpful. 

What I have always loved about Mandino's books is how he packs such a powerful message into so few pages. He focuses on reaching the reader, not in displaying his writing talents...though they are many. This is a moving, life-changing story. I came to expect nothing less from him while he was alive. His legacy lives on, and the messages he shares are just important today as they were when first written. That's why I share his books with my leadership team.

Publisher: ‎ Bantam; Reissue edition (April 1, 1989)
Language: ‎ English
Mass Market Paperback: ‎ 144 pages
ISBN-10: ‎ 0553276999
ISBN-13: ‎ 978-0553276992

I purchased a copy of this book to add to my personal collection. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

No comments: