Monday, May 9, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - May 9

 Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date


Happy Monday! I hope all you moms were treated to a nice day on Sunday. We had a wonderful weekend. After flying home from Maryland late Friday, I took a day off on Saturday. Then yesterday, we visited my mother-in-law. 

Here are a few photos from my trip. I have to admit, I had a great view in National Harbor.







Thanks to boring plane rides, I polished off this one. Look for my review this week. Loved it just as much as the first book. 



I am reading this book now.


I also sneak this one in when I can.



These are next:


Review coming May 27 at TC&TBC


Review coming June 7 at TC&TBC


Review coming June 22 at TC&TBC

Maybe by the time vacation rolls around I will get to these:











Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

While roaming around, I stumbled upon Mahogany Books. What a neat place to visit. I picked up this book while there.


I also grabbed the NetGalley format of Charlotte Hubbard's upcoming release.


How was your reading week? Did you pick up any new books? Did you grab one that has been sitting in your TBR pile for too long? 

10 comments:

Mark Baker said...

Those pictures from your trip are great. I'm definitely jealous. Gravely Murdered caught my eye, but then again, I'm a murder mystery fan.

Kathryn T said...

Photos are gorgeous and plane trips are definitely to be combined with reading.

Harvee said...

Haven't gotten on a plane in a long time. I miss it.

Damyanti Biswas said...

Quite a long list you got there, some of these look interesting, might add it onto my TBR list. Thank you :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Nice pics! Enjoy your reading and have a lovely week!

Greg said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a great weekend. :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great photos! I also love the look of your books, and The Children's Blizzard looks good. Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Kathy Martin said...

Great photos and a nice looking group of books too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

Mark, great to see another mystery fan here today.

Kathryn, plane rides and reading definitely go hand in hand. I rarely can focus on anything else.

Harvee, this year I think I am getting in enough travel for two. Hope you get a chance to go again soon.

Damyanti, very long list and little reading time.

Thanks, Mary, Kathy, and Greg. I appreciate the visit.

Laurel, I have been wanting to read The Children's Blizzard for so long. I have a non-fiction book about it as well.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. So glad to see you here.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Lovely photos! Hope you had a good Mother's Day too.
Hope you have another good week and Happy Reading!