Monday, February 21, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Feb 21

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome back to Monday. Hope you had a nice weekend. I should probably warn you I am in a foul mood. I didn't get as much accomplished this weekend as I needed to. It has also been so cold that I thought my face would freeze off. I am so over winter. 

Okay, enough grumbling. I'll share some fun pictures now so you can smile.


Boots hanging out.


Brothers Travis and Dwight staring at who knows what.


Check out my new Easter decorations.


One nice thing that happened this week is that award season started. Here is my first real estate award from 2021. 


I posted this GIF on Facebook of my eyes popping out as I make my way through 90 hours of post licensing education for North Carolina. It is dull, but necessary. 



Now, on to reading. I posted my review of this book on Sunday.


My review of this children's book appeared here last week.


I also reviewed this book at my children's book blog on Sunday.


Look for my review on this book on Thursday.
I am almost finished with this book.  


I hope these are next.




I am heading to Kentucky in March for a real estate conference, so I am still thinking if I just want to bring my Kindle or if I will bring along a printed book. If I bring something printed, it might be one of these.













Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

The Lil' Princess asked me to pick up a poetry collection for her last week. It arrived on Wednesday.



In her first collection of poems, Gabrielle G. depicts different love stories from the initial spark to the last heartbreak and writes in verses the heartache we've all been through. A poetry book to make your heart smile and weep at the same time.

Have you read it? Doesn't sound like something I would read, but I might check it out. 

That's it from me. Off work on the next 60+ hours of online education that I need to complete soon. 

15 comments:

Jo said...

Well I'd say you had a pretty good week! Love the kitty picture! Good luck in KY!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Such cute kitty pics!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Some of these children books look very good.
Easter decorations? But Lent isn't even started.
Here is my post: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/02/20/sunday-post-54-2-20-2022/

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Congrats on the award!

Great photo of Boots hanging out. LOL

Enjoy your week and your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Lyn said...

Love the cat pics. And best wishes in your real estate endeavors. My Monday bookshelf is up!
http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/02/book-date-monday-amreading-feb-21.html

Kathy Martin said...

It has warmed up a bit here which means the right conditions for snow - lots and lots of snow. I very seldom get new print books these days. I live on my Kindle. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Jo. Not leaving until March 13, but I am a planner.

Thanks, Mary. We love our furry beasts.

Emma, I am affected by the low light during winter, so I tend to decorate early as a distraction--unless I am so busy I don't have time.

Thanks, Laurel and Lyn. I appreciate your kind words.

Kathy, I wish I used my Kindle more. I think since I spend so much time on the computer, I really just prefer to sit down with a book. I like the Kindle for traveling, though. Here's hoping you don't get hammered with snow.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Yvonne said...

Great pics. Especially the kitty ones. Hope you have a great week!

Melinda said...

Cold weather also puts me in a bad mood. It's fine if I'm inside, but I do NOT want to be outside in it!

Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

Elizabeth said...

Thankfully the sun is out today and it is to be 60 degrees.

Fingers crossed that this is the beginning of warm temperatures.

Enjoy your books and your week.

Cindy said...

I will try to remember to look for your review on Thursday, I am curious about that book. Have a great week! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-6-22.html

Kathryn T said...

Smiled at the cat photos and really isn't it good to have a good grumble and get it out!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Yvonne. Hope you have a great week.

I'm glad I'm not the only winter grump, Melinda.

Hoping for warm temperatures for both of us, Elizabeth.

Hope to see you back on Thursday, Cindy.

Kathryn, I like your philosophy.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Ahh- I hope posting with kitty pictures and awards helped improve your mood.
I would not want to be in the cold - it would give me a grumpy mood for sure.
You remind me I have to do CLE hours this year before June.
I hope you have a good week and Happy Reading!

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

Holy moly. How often do you have to do all that education? My husband doesn't have to do that much even in healthcare. Good luck finishing all of it!