Thursday, January 13, 2022

Book Review: Murder, She Wrote: Murder in Season by Jessica Fletcher and Jon Land

 

Another Cabot Cove mystery filled with tons of twists and turns is what you'll find in Murder, She Wrote: Murder in Season by Jessica Fletcher and Jon Land. 

Christmas is coming to Cabot Cove. Everyone is preparing for the annual town festivities, and Jessica is eager to be moving back to her beloved home. That is until two sets of bones--one ancient and one about a year old--are discovered on Jessica's property. 

When tabloid reporter Tad Hollenbeck arrives in Cabot Cove to write  a story about "the murder capital of the country," and is subsequently murdered, Jessica speculates his death and the discovery of the bones may be linked. 

As Jessica searches for the connection between the bones and Hollenbeck's murder, she will need to dig deep into her beloved town's dark history to solve this one... hopefully before Christmas dinner.

Murder in Season reads just like the episodes of Murder, She Wrote I used to watch in the 80s and 90s. Jessica finds herself in the middle of a mystery in her beloved town, which she sets about helping local sheriff Mort Metzger solve. Subplots involve the annual Christmas show and parade and some special visitors Jessica is happy to entertain. 

As the mystery unfolds, the reader needs to pick up on clues or they might be misdirected in their thoughts of who the guilty party is. I truly thought I had figured it out, all to learn I missed the mark. That's what I love about these mysteries. I don't mind being stumped if it makes sense in the end. Land is good at that.

The latest three Murder, She Wrote novels have a new co-author, so I will check them out to see how they compare.  

Murder In Season is a fabulous, engaging seasonal mystery. 

  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ Berkley (November 24, 2020)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 304 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1984804367
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1984804365

I received this book as a gift from my Amazon wish list. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.


No comments: