Monday, December 6, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Dec 6

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome to December--the month of winter holidays (Christmas for us), snow in New England, and organizing life for the new year. I'm working on my holiday card list and finishing up my shopping. I have two closings coming up before the end of the year, so I want to make sure everything is in order for those. 

In my reading world, I read a couple of children's books over the weekend. 


My review will appear on Tuesday at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection.




My review appears here.


My review of this poetry collection will also appear here today.




I am almost finished with this one.



Next up are these.



Review coming January 26



I am hoping to squeeze one Christmas book in before the end of the year. 

















Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. 

I recently picked up this Kindle freebie. 



That's it from my neck of the woods. Hope you have a fabulous week.

12 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

The Mistletoe Murders looks good! Since it is #6 in a series I wonder if it can stand alone. Have a great week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Your books look so tempting! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your week.

Kathy Martin said...

Nice looking assortment of books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

I just checked and reviews indicate this is a stand alone novel, Mary. Hope you get a chance to read it. You had some great books this week, too, Laurel. Off to check out your post, Kathy.

Thanks for popping in today, ladies.

Beverley Baird said...

Lovely assortment of books. Just watched The Man who Invented Christmas last night and so enjoyed it. Will have to check out the book. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

Oh my those two picture books at the beginning of the post look like absolute winners.

Yvonne said...

The cozy holiday mysteries look really good. Love the covers. Hope you have a great week!

Cindy said...

The kid's books look so cute. I hope you are able to squeeze in a Christmas read. I have not read as many as I had planned, but hope to get to more before the end of the year. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-10.html

Elizabeth said...

Love the looks of the children's books.

Enjoy MURDER SHE WROTE.

Have a good week.

Cheryl said...

Beverley, I loved the movie, that's why I grabbed the book.

Kathryn and Elizabeth, the picture books were great.

Yvonne, I figured those cozies would catch your eye.

Thanks, Cindy. I hope I can get a Christmas book or two read.

Thanks for visiting today!

Martha Eskuchen said...

We are working on several commercial closings too. It gets a little bottlenecked around the holidays.
The children's books look like good reading.
I plan to fit in a couple more Christmas titles too.
I too need some lighter reading.
Hope you have a good week and Happy Reading!

Greg said...

I'm hoping to fit a couple Christmas mysteries in this month if all goes according to plan. :)