Sunday, December 26, 2021

Book Review: Midcentury Christmas by Sarah Archer

 


Midcentury Christmas by Sarah Archer is a great book if you're a history lover, enjoy Christmas, or are just feeling nostalgic. 

The stocking stuffer edition of Midcentury Christmas was such a joy to find in my stocking this year. The glossy pages are filled with tons of historical details and photos that bring you back to the post World War II era holidays. Christmas cards from various countries, famous writers and artists of the time, magazine covers, Christmas television episodes, toys, décor, and more fill these pages.

I read this tiny, but jam-packed, book as I unwound after family and friends left. It was a great way to sit back and relax after two days of entertaining. This, like other special Christmas titles I have found in my stocking or under the tree, will join my treasured collection. 

They have a 240-page edition that is not currently available. I would love to get my hands on it. I would also love to pick up Archer's The Midcentury Kitchen. 

If you yearn to explore Christmas past, pick up a copy of Midcentury Christmas by Sarah Archer. 

  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ Countryman Press; Stocking Stuffer edition (November 6, 2018)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 192 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1682683362
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1682683361
  • Purchase from: https://amzn.to/3pvxJUQ

I received a copy as a gift. This review contains my honest opinion, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

No comments: