Monday, October 4, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Oct 4

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome to October. Ours is starting off wet. The rain moved in Sunday evening and is supposed to be with us most of today. That's okay, it just makes me feel like baking more. No photos this week, but I made another batch of pumpkin muffins and some white bread. I need to grocery shop today, so I can make homemade applesauce and maybe apple crisp. Might have to make baked macaroni and cheese, too. 

We drove out to Marlborough Saturday to meet family for dinner, so I got a chance to read in the car while my other half drove. I grabbed this one.



I also read this one. My review will be posted at The Children's and Teen' Book Connection on Tuesday. 



Next up are these. 








I also need to read these two for November virtual book tours. 



Who knows what the rest of the year will look like from a reading perspective. 







Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. 


This one for November is an e-book that arrived in my Inbox this week.


This other November VBT book arrived by mail on Thursday. 


I bought this one for Kindle last week as well. The author was a dear friend of ours, a member of our Church family, and a reporter for the Springfield newspaper for decades. We hadn't seen him since the pandemic started. He passed away last month. I have the first book, but had not yet bought the second. I believe he was working on a third. 



I hope you have a wonderful week and share what you're reading. 

7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Enjoy your books! Thanks for sharing, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Tee said...

Love your Halloween theme!

Here is my link:
https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Kathy Martin said...

I enjoyed Mercy Creek. Your other books look good too. I'm also in the mood for fall baking and other excuses to use the oven. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

It’s warming up here now we are half way through Spring :)

Wishing you a great reading week

Yvonne said...

Creature Cat Tales and Mercy Creek look good. Enjoy your books. I hope you have a great week!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting today!

Glad you like the Halloween theme, Tee.

Thanks for letting me know you like Mercy Creek, Kathy. I am enjoying it so far.

Enjoy Spring, Shelleyrae. I'm a bit jealous. :)

Thanks to all of you for stopping by.

Nise' said...

Can't believe the Christmas themed books are here! I am looking forward to reading a few of them.