Monday, August 9, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome back to Monday. I hope you had a nice week. As expected, mine was busy, but I crossed one major task off my list, so I feel rather productive. In addition to real estate, I am working on two editing projects and making my way through three seasons of Anne with an E. I am on the fence about this show, but I want to make it to the end of the three seasons before providing more thoughts about it. 

Other than reading editing projects, I started this one.




These are next on the list. 















Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

As a belated birthday gift, the family got me this book off my Amazon wish list. I enjoy reading non-fiction from time to time, though I don't do it as often as I used to.


Tiny Changes, Remarkable Results

No matter your goals, Atomic Habits offers a proven framework for improving--every day. James Clear, one of the world's leading experts on habit formation, reveals practical strategies that will teach you exactly how to form good habits, break bad ones, and master the tiny behaviors that lead to remarkable results.

If you're having trouble changing your habits, the problem isn't you. The problem is your system. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don't want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems. Here, you'll get a proven system that can take you to new heights.

Clear is known for his ability to distill complex topics into simple behaviors that can be easily applied to daily life and work. Here, he draws on the most proven ideas from biology, psychology, and neuroscience to create an easy-to-understand guide for making good habits inevitable and bad habits impossible. Along the way, readers will be inspired and entertained with true stories from Olympic gold medalists, award-winning artists, business leaders, life-saving physicians, and star comedians who have used the science of small habits to master their craft and vault to the top of their field.

Learn how to:
- make time for new habits (even when life gets crazy);
- overcome a lack of motivation and willpower;
- design your environment to make success easier;
- get back on track when you fall off course;
...and much more.

Atomic Habits will reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits--whether you are a team looking to win a championship, an organization hoping to redefine an industry, or simply an individual who wishes to quit smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, or achieve any other goal.
 

That's it for me this week. Hope you share some of your reading world in the comments.


7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great looking books! Enjoy, and thanks for sharing.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Your week sounded busy but organized - a good combination! I hope you enjoy your reading this week.

Kathy Martin said...

I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan and will have to add that book to my wishlist. Your other books look good too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Greg said...

Hope you have a great week! :)

Cheryl said...

Hello, my friends. I appreciate you stopping by, especially since I posted really quick and went off to work today. Wishing you all a great week.

vvb32 reads said...

Curious about the Sherlock Holmes one. Happy reading.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I like the cute cover of Bandits of Basswood.
Have a good week and Happy Reading!