Monday, April 5, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Apr 5

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome back to Monday. I hope any of you who celebrate Easter had a nice weekend. Mine was nice, but I really haven't gotten use to these smaller family gatherings. It was just the two of us and the kids; well, the Lil' Diva was working so we didn't see her until later. 

The funny thing is that I've been a mom since I was nineteen years old. Though our son got married ten years ago, I'm not sure if I have ever gotten used to him not being around the house. Now that the Lil' Diva is an adult, and the Lil' Princess is one year away from graduating high school, my role as mother is changing. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Coming up on the anniversary of my father-in-law's death probably isn't helping my mood any. I just want things to stay the same, but they can't ever be the same again. 

My work schedule has been full, so I am not reading as much as I planned. I am still reading these two books.  


I also started this one. 



These are the next few that I need to read. 













Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.


My physical mailbox was empty last week, but I downloaded this new Debbie Macomber collection with some credits I earned from Amazon.




A collection of three new short stories from beloved author Debbie Macomber, including a return to a favorite address in Cedar Cove. First published in Macomber's Digital Magazine, these heartwarming stories are now available exclusively in this collection.

A CEDAR COVE DAD’S ADVICE

Welcome back to Cedar Cove. When we last saw Zach and Rosie Cox in 311 Pelican Court, they had divorced and were awarded joint custody of their two children: Eddie and Allison. Now a grown man, Eddie Cox is experiencing marital problems of his own and turns to his parents for advice. Will Ed and his wife, Emma, be able to resolve their issues and find love again?

A FRESH NEW YEAR

At the beginning of every January, Elle always started off writing down her goals for the year. The usual ones were: Visit her parents more often. Lose ten pounds. Be a good aunt to her niece and nephew. Visit Venice. And of course, find love. This was a fresh new year and Elle was finally feeling ready to start dating again. She set up an online dating profile and before she knew it, she was going on a date. What she didn’t know was that she would be catfished. Is there any chance to salvage her dreams and achieve the one goal she’s always dreamed of: love?

DADDY’S GIRL

From the time she could remember, Molly had always been a Daddy’s girl. When she makes the shocking discovery her dad isn’t her biological father, her whole life is called into question. What's more, her biological father doesn't have long to live, and Molly has to decide whether she wants to meet him before it's too late. Will she make the right decision?

My hope is that I get some down time soon, so that I can enjoy this one. I look forward to hearing what you're reading these days. 

11 comments:

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I understand how you feel, with my daughter now living away at University I often feel like something is missing even though I still have her older sister and younger brothers at home. I’m dreading an empty nest.

Wishing you a great reading week

Juli Rahel said...

It took me and my parents quite a bit to settle into our new relationship once I moved out, so I can imagine that is hard! I've also got 'Death on Ocean Boulevard' lined up, but I hope you enjoy all of your current reads! I hope you have a lovely week and do drop by my Monday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

Mary (Bookfan) said...

My three kids are all in their 30s now but when they left home for good it was an adjustment for me. Especially the youngest. I'm just grateful they all live within a 30 minute drive from us now.
Thanks for sharing about the Macomber. I didn't know about it!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am feeling the need to revisit Cedar Cove! Thanks for sharing, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Kathy Martin said...

I haven't read Debbie Macomber for years. I should revisit those stories. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

A time of change for you. The Debbie Macomber book of short stories looks interesting. My trouble is I have forgotten the books, I'd have to reread!

Martha Eskuchen said...

These are times of change and you have real-life changes coming up too. I'll say prayers for you and family.
It has been years since I read Macomber but the new book looks like a nice one.
Have a good week and happy reading!

Greg said...

It is tough for sure when kids grow up and leave, no question. the house feels different. We're not quite there but it is changing with them working and starting college. And Easter does feel different with smaller gatherings. Hope you had a nice one though!

I love the look of the books, especially Slat Marsh Mystery.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Juli, hope you enjoy Caitlin's new book.

Mary, Laurel, Kathy, Kathryn, and Martha, it has been a while since I read a Cedar Cove novel or anything by Debbie Macomber, too. Hope we all get to read this one soon.

Greg, the Salt Marsh Mystery is cute. Hope to finish it this week.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone. Hope you have a nice week.

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

I hope you can adjust. I hope you enjoy all your books. Happy reading. I'm glad you received the 2 poetry books!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Serena.