Monday, March 29, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Mar 29

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

We have come to the end of March. Most of it was mild, though we had some cold spots and a bit of snow. I finally took the driveway reflectors down. I have probably doomed us to a blizzard as a result, since it never fails that if I take them down or switch over my fall/winter wardrobe to spring/summer, the weather changes. 

My week was filled with appointments, a new listing, cleaning, and baking. The three-tier garden bed is now together. It rained this weekend, so hubby put it together inside the house. Theo (sitting in the chair in the background) supervised. 

This week I hope to get it placed in the garden and filled with dirt so that the potato tubers, carrot seeds, and bean seeds can go in.



I spotted the crocus in the mailbox garden on my walk with Theo today. Always nice to see first signs of spring.



I wanted to use up some fruit on Saturday, so I made banana bread and blueberry cake. I also opened the grill for the season and made steaks that night. 





As far as reading goes, look for my review of How to Overcome Insomnia All By Yourself later today. 



My review of Dog Band appeared at my children's book blog last week. 




I am reading these two. 


These are next. 









Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

My physical mailbox has been a busy little place this week. All these are books for review. As you can see, I am not doing very well with my goal of not requesting virtual book tour titles. :) 






That is it from my neck of the woods. How are you doing? Are you ready for Easter? Are you celebrating with family? What's on your reading list this week?

8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Your garden bed and your baked goods are tempting me. Love the look of your books, too. Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Penelope @ The Reading Devil said...

Omigosh yum!! Your baking is making me hungry lol!! Hope you have a great week, and enjoy those baked goods!!

Kathy Martin said...

We had snow yesterday! Today is supposed to be near 60 degrees. I love Minnesota in the Spring. Your baking looks great. Banana bread is in my near future too since the bananas are quickly getting over-ripe. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

Oh my, that garden box looks amazing. So potatoes, I guess they go where it will be deepest. Hope you share a photo when it's all growing - so interesting.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Laurel. I am hoping the garden bed works.

Penelope, I am trying not to enjoy the baked goods too much. I am supposed to be cutting down on sweets. :)

Kathy, hoping you have no more snow. We had another wind storm and I lost a tree. I will have to chop it down because it is leaning on the shed.

Kathryn, potatoes don't require a ton of soil... at least in my experience. I usually use bags. I put an inch of two of soil, the place the tubers in and cover them with a bit more soil, then add soil as they grow. Even then, I don't think there is more than a foot of soil in the bag when I am done.

Thanks for visiting, everyone. Hope you have a great week.

RAnn said...

That blueberry cake looks awesome!

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Lovely to see the crocus, I hope the warmer weather stays

Wishing you a great reading week

Cheryl said...

Thanks, RAnn and Shelleyrae. I appreciate you stopping by.