Monday, May 18, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - May 18



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome back to Monday. I had an emotionally draining and long week, so not much reading got done. I did, however, watch clips of The Thorn Birds on YouTube more than once. This should be an easier week, so hope to polish off the book I started and keep moving forward.


My review of this book appears at my children's book blog




I am still reading this one.


This is next. 



Not sure what comes next after that. I have a few that have overdue reviews, but it depends on my frame of mind once I get to this point. 

Do you reach for certain books depending upon your mood? What is your comfort genre--the one you use to get away from it all?

8 comments:

Kathryn T said...

Sorry to hear you had a challenging week, it happens! Take care and hopefully you will get some reading done this week and it not then next week!

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I’m not really a mood reader but for comfort I generally like something short and sweet.

Wishing you a great reading week

Marg said...

Hope you have a better week this week.

pilch92 said...

The Beautiful Snow looks good. I hope you have a better week .

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Hopefully this week will be better! I like the look of Home, and I am now curious.

Enjoy your books and your week, and stay safe. Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Cheryl said...

Thanks, everyone. Grief is such an odd thing; especially now.

I read light things when I'm troubled, too, Shelleyrae.

Pilch92, I want to crack open the cover soon, but I am trying to be good and read what I have to first.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Kathy Martin said...

I hope this week is better for you. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I reach for different books depending on how mentally exhausted I am. I don’t mind challenging books, but sometimes I just want to read something fun and easy. I hope you have a good week!

Aj @ Read All The Things!