Monday, August 19, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Aug 19



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

We are back in MA. So, the extra little vacation was nice--a little bit of rain, but still enjoyed the beach and spending time together. The drive home was a bit scary. While driving on 113 North, a car speeding the wrong way (southbound) at about 80 miles an hour drove down the lane next to us. Had to call the state police, hoping they caught up with him before he hurt himself or someone else. Really put the guardian angel to work that night.

Other than that little adventure, things went well. We enjoyed our time away, and now I can prepare for my mother-in-law to come stay with us for a while.

Finished these two while we were away:






I'm also reading this one:


I'll have a few more for reviews after that:




Then I really need to focus on these:



After that, I just want to pick something from the pile and read it because I can--no deadline, no have to finish it, no reason to read it other than that I want to.

How is your reading week shaping up? Anything good you've read that I should know about?

8 comments:

Kathryn T said...

The best kind of reading is when there is no deadline - read because I can and really want to, is so luxurious. That was a scary experience coming home in the car. Oh boy! Do hope you get onto Marilla, I so enjoyed her.

collettakay said...

I love The Daughter's of the Mayflower series. I hope you have a great week! Thanks for stopping by Colletta's Kitchen Sink :)

Colletta

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Enjoy your books, and I'm glad you got home safely after that crazy driver's antics.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Kathy Martin said...

I like it best when I can read what I want and what appeals to me at the moment. I have a bit of a free space then it's back to review books for me though. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your books and your week. My weekly update

Greg said...

Oh wow- that would be scary seeing something like that on the highway. Going the wrong way- that's crazy. Hope they got stopped and didn't cause any harm.

Silent Voices looks good but maybe a little spooky?

Nise' said...

Wow, glad you were safe and I hope the car was stopped before anyone got hurt. Always like to reach for a book just because.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I avoid driving on highways because when ?I can, too many crazy drivers!

Have a great reading week