Monday, February 18, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Feb 18



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great week. It's snowing here. The white stuff started last night. I'm okay if this is the end of the snow, but I fear that's not the case.

This weekend we cleaned out one of our daughter's bedrooms and bought new furniture. Most of what she owned was hand-me-downs. It is time she had her own things.

On the reading front, I'm taking some time to read a book that isn't one of my February review titles.


The Daughters of the Mayflower is such a great series. This book is about a family moving west in the late 1700's. Tensions are high considering the tense relationship between the settlers and the Native Americans. 

Then these three are next.




I'm trying to get back to my first book of the year, which has ended up being more like my first paragraph of the year.


Then I'll probably read the next book in The Daughters of the Mayflower series.


What is on your list this week? Are you staying on track with reviews? I think that's the hardest part about blogging. 


5 comments:

pussreboots said...

Since I set my own schedule and I don't take ARCs, keeping up with reviews isn't an issue. New furniture is a lovely thing. We had hand me downs for most of our adult lives, until just recently. My weekly updates

Kathryn T said...

The Daughters of the Mayflower sounds like a good series. Your daughter must have been delighted with the room renovation! I do hope you get back to the Marilla book, I believe the author did a really good job of it.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

It has been a long while since I had new furniture. When I moved here (it's been 12 years now!), I bought a few new collectibles to accessorize what I had purchased just before moving.

I do love moving things around, though, and the place looks new to me when I do that. LOL.

Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

Kathy Martin said...

Such an interesting assortment of books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

There are days I think about not taking ARCs, but I love getting them, pussredboots. Much of our furniture came from my apartment or his bedroom. We just got the Lil' Princess her own bed and she is 15. She was sleeping in my husband's childhood bed before that.

Thanks for the recommendation, Kathryn. I really hope to get back to Marilla soon.

Laurel, sometimes moving the furniture around or buying a new pillow or blanket makes all the difference.

Kathy, I definitely feel like I am reading a bunch of different things lately.

Thanks for visiting, everyone. Sorry it took me so long to respond.