Monday, February 11, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Feb 11



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome back to Monday. I hope you had a nice week. We are preparing for the next winter storm (because for some reason the media believes 4 to 7 inches of snow requires mass hysteria). This is going to sound like one of these old-timer stories, but we wouldn't even consider cancelling school when I was kid unless a blizzard was coming; and even then, they waited until the last possible moment to run the closings across the TV screen or announce them on the radio. By Tuesday evening, if snowflakes have started, schools will begin announcing closings--even though technology has made it easier to reach people than ever before.

What does my reading world look like? I'm trying not to overload myself with reviews over the next couple of months. I really want to focus on other books.

I finished this one last night.


Excellent book. Welcome W. Wilson Sr. has led an interesting life. He's made a lot of deals in his time, too, which I loved reading about. I can't say I knew much about Houston before reading this one, but I certainly do now.


I tried reading this one on my 2nd generation Kindle, but something happened with the file when it went over. Whole sections of text and many of the graphics were missing. I'm going to need to use the PDF file, so I'll get back to this one.

I'll need to read this one next.



Up for review in March are these ones.



Hopefully, I can read at least one of these in between, but not hopeful with spring market coming.



What is going on in you reading world? Any good books to share?

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I hope your snow doesn't derail your week.

Your books look tempting: The Walker on the Cape caught my eye.

Enjoy, and here are
MY WEEKLY UPDATES

Kathy Martin said...

Nice variety of books. I agree that schools used to wait longer before calling a snow day. I wonder what has changed? Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

Depends on how bad it gets. Might not be as tough as they think. They are letting the kids out early tomorrow. My inspections are early in the day, so I should be home before it gets too bad.

I think a combination of poor decision making and 24 hour news contributes to the change, Kathy.

Thanks for visiting today.