Thursday, December 27, 2018

Book Presents from Santa



Well, Christmas is over. Aren't we all glad we spent weeks preparing just so it can be over in the blink of an eye? LOL! I met nearly all of my Christmas goals. The only one I didn't get to was baking for a few friends.

Was Santa good to you, fellow book lovers? I certainly hope so. He brought me this fabulous resource:


Craft an Engaging Plot

How does plot influence story structure? What's the difference between plotting for commercial and literary fiction? How do you revise a plot or structure that's gone off course?

With Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure, you'll discover the answers to these questions and more. Award-winning author James Scott Bell offers clear, concise information that will help you create a believable and memorable plot, including: Techniques for crafting strong beginnings, middles, and endsEasy-to-understand plotting diagrams and chartsBrainstorming techniques for original plot ideasThought-provoking exercises at the end of each chapterStory structure models and methods for all genresTips and tools for correcting common plot problems

Filled with plot examples from popular novels, comprehensive checklists, and practical hands-on guidance, Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure gives you the skills you need to approach plot and structure like an experienced pro.

I'm glad he stuck to a writing craft book this year, because I have fiction coming out of my ears.

I also gifted myself with some recent Kindle freebies.




I also purchased this one with a promotional credit.


What are some books you received this holiday season? Have you chosen one to be your first book of 2019?

No comments: