Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Book Review: Demise in Denim by Duffy Brown

Reagan Summerside, Auntie Kiki, Walker Boone, Chantilly, Mercedes and more return in Demise in Denim by Duffy Brown.

If you recall when we left them after my summer vacation, Walker was on the lam because the police think he murdered someone. Now it's up to Reagan and Auntie Kiki to clear his name. Not an easy task, but luckily Walker has a lot of friends in Savannah.

With each book, I love this series more and more. You learn more about the characters. You see Reagan and Boone's relationship evolve. You get treated with a challenging mystery to solve. I can't say that I saw this one coming, which thrills and disappoints me all at once. I would love to write a great mystery, but watching masterful storytellers develop all these twists and turns to throw the reader off makes me think I'll never get there. I honestly didn't know who the killer was; I knew who it probably wasn't, but wasn't sure who the murderer was until it was revealed.

The ending of Demise in Denim will definitely make readers want to stay tuned for Lethal in Old Lace, the next book in the Consignment Shop Mystery series, which is due out this spring. You can check out the cover--which I love--here. Southern fiction and cozy mystery...is there anything better than that mix? Though this is a stand alone, you'll certainly want to join Reagan and crew right from the beginning.

Series: A Consignment Shop Mystery (Book 4)
Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Berkley (April 7, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0425274705
ISBN-13: 978-0425274705

I purchased a copy of this book from Amazon. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

2 comments:

Duffy Brown said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the amazing review! I truly appreciate it and that you had fun with Reagan, Walker and the gang sure makes my day!

Duffy Brown said...

By the way... Lethal In Old Lace comes out in March.In Savannah there two things that get folks talking...weddings and funerals especially if bodies go missing and wedding plans get hijacked by everyone with an opinion