Monday, December 12, 2016

Musing Monday - Dec 12


Musing Monday is now hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker It is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK'S RANDOM QUESTION: Does reading help you to release stress during stressful times? If it does do you have a favorite book that you return to for calm?

I would like to start off by welcoming Ambrosia as our new host. I'm glad to see this meme continue because it is one of my favorites. Thanks, Ambrosia.

Last week was hectic with my daytime job, family duties, and book promotion. Today started the second week of my virtual book tour for Macaroni and Cheese for Thanksgiving. You can find my schedule here if you would like to follow along.

I'm almost finished reading Madam President: The Secret Presidency of Edith Wilson by William Hazelgrove.



After President Woodrow Wilson suffered a paralyzing stroke in the fall of 1919, his wife, First Lady Edith Wilson, began to handle the day-to-day responsibilities of the Executive Office. Mrs. Wilson had had little formal education and had only been married to President Wilson for four years; yet, in the tenuous peace following the end of World War I, Mrs. Wilson dedicated herself to managing the office of the President, reading all correspondence intended for her bedridden husband. Though her Oval Office authority was acknowledged in Washington, D.C. circles at the time--one senator called her "the Presidentress who had fulfilled the dream of suffragettes by changing her title from First Lady to Acting First Man"--her legacy as "First Woman President" is now largely forgotten.

William Hazelgrove's Madam President is a vivid, engaging portrait of the woman who became the acting President of the United States in 1919, months before women officially won the right to vote. Movie Rights Optioned by Storyline Entertainment.

I'm also three-quarters of the way through Hank Quense's The Complete Self-Publishing Guide. 



The goal of self-publishing a book is to produce a quality book package to hold your content. Despite what you read on the internet, self-publishing isn’t easy. There is a lot involved in understanding the self-publishing process and it is quite easy to self-publish a book the wrong way. This boxed set of ebooks explains the self-publishing process and much more.

As for this week's question: I definitely enjoy reading as a way to help relieve stress. The Bible is usually what I grab to calm my fears. Occasionally I'll pick up a devotional instead.

How about you? What type of book do you turn to when you need to relieve stress?

2 comments:

Purple Booker Amby said...

Thank you for making the move over. Looks like I have found two more books to add to my TBR :)

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by.